What can I offer my customers as a newbie? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

What can I offer my customers as a newbie?

stuey4

Mar 11, 2015
Real Name
Brian Stuhlmiller
What is something good that I can offer my customers as a newbie trying to get new buisness? I want to offer my customers something that the rest of the guys in town don't. I am going to do the free bottle of spot remover,but I want to do something different. What do you guys have for ideas?

stuey4

Mar 11, 2015
Real Name
Brian Stuhlmiller
I am doing that, but I just want to add something different or new as a new guy in town.

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
I am doing that, but I just want to add something different or new as a new guy in town.
I stop in at our local bakery in the morning and bring them some fresh baking.
A loaf of bread, buns , muffins etc.
They are blown away and don't expect this.
Knock their socks off with top quality , earn their repeat business and referrals.
Guarantee not one of your competitors are doing this.
We generally are dealing with the lady of the house... they will love this! It's very thoughtful and unexpected.
Yup , leave the spotting bottle that is a bonus offer with your info.
I gave out fresh jam this month ( blackberry from Queen Charlotte Island).
Cost me $5 a jar but worth it to see the pleasantly surprised smile on their face .

Reactions: Mike Krall and Omar

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
Liquor is quicker but candy is dandy ;)

Offer quality work. Take your time and be kind and professional.

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
I offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. I have done it since the beginning. When I was new in business, people were hesitant to have the new company clean their carpet. I would tell them that they had no risk. If they were not totally satisfied with the cleaning, all they had to do was tell me and I would reclean their carpet. If they were still not satisfied, then I would refund their money.

Tell them that the bottle of spot remover never runs out. Tell them to call you if it does and you will get a new bottle to them immediately.

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
Ask yourself two questions

What can I offer that my competition isn't or can't?

How can I "package" the benefits that I do offer that are the same as my completion differently so they relate to my target market and elevated perceived value over my competition?

Reactions: rob allen

stuey4

Mar 11, 2015
Real Name
Brian Stuhlmiller
How can you offer 100% satisfaction when you know you will have those customers just looking for something free and will never be happy no matter how the job turns out.

What do you do when you have a real bad traffic area that still shows up a bit when your done? Do you tell them right off the bat that you may not be able to get the traffic areas back to the same as the non traffic areas, but ensure them it will look much better than it does now?

See Spots Run

Nov 1, 2010
redding, Ca.
www.seespotsruninc.com
Real Name
Ivan Smith
Business Location
United States
Little things, as minor (major) as using corner guards and vacuuming can set you apart from most of your competition. Most don't do either (Not my opinion, what I hear from the customers.). Also, while you're there cleaning the carpets, throw in their entry mat for free and tell them "No good cleaning your carpet and leaving you with an unclean entry mat."
Small things that just take a minute make a huge difference to your customer.

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
How can you offer 100% satisfaction when you know you will have those customers just looking for something free and will never be happy no matter how the job turns out.

What do you do when you have a real bad traffic area that still shows up a bit when your done? Do you tell them right off the bat that you may not be able to get the traffic areas back to the same as the non traffic areas, but ensure them it will look much better than it does now?
Set their expectations low as you do the walk with them then do your best to exceed that expectation. I have never had anyone ask for their money back.

carpettom

Dec 7, 2014
Riverside Calif.
Real Name
tom cervino
All of the above . Do a 48hour call back to see if they are happy , how long it took to dry and if any spots returned. Take care of any problems as soon as possible. When everything is good with client mail them a thank you card and tell them you really appreciate there business

Reactions: True Pro

Frank DiGi

Premium VIP
Sep 3, 2008
pa
www.dicarpetclean.com
Real Name
Frank
Business Location
United States
I do 25% off for anyone who adopts a dog or cat .. Discount to older people most my area over charge them cause they are old easy to get over on... Also offer add-on like carpet repair or duct cleaning.

Reactions: Xandor

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
It really isn't that hard to set yourself apart. Especially if you are an owner/operator vs. a company with multiple employees. You can offer a level of service and care that an hourly employee just can't do.

Last edited:

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
I do 25% off for anyone who adopts a dog or cat .. Discount to older people most my area over charge them cause they are old easy to get over on... Also offer add-on like carpet repair or duct cleaning.
I agree with Frank. One of the best things I did was to take the IICRC Repair class. It turns out I am actually pretty good at it. Repairs and dyeing sometimes are more of an art than a mechanical method. It's a great service. Many people are shocked that their carpet can be repaired and don't even know it can be done until you offer it.

Reactions: Frank DiGi

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Fly here and spend a week with me. Then go back and demolish the competition!

DaveG248

Aug 4, 2015
Real Name
David Gallina II
Fly here and spend a week with me. Then go back and demolish the competition!

How much would you charge a restoration guy trying to go out on his own for this service?? Lol.
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1441061063.142437.jpg