What best for water/flood extraction? Truck-mount or portable flood pumper?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Feb 17, 2018
Real Name
Steve Noftle
We use a sump pump(s) if there 6” or more of standing water. Butler will chock if you submerse too much so only submerge hose 1/4 to 1/3. Also, 110 gallon tank will fill pretty fast then you’re in the precarious position of dumping your truck. Sump pumps make it easy to dump their water on their property. Once the water is in your truck you own it and it would like be deemed contaminated.

Bob Savage

Mar 6, 2007
Dayton, OH
www.perfection-carpet.com
Real Name
Bob Savage
Business Location
United States
Steve - I run a Butler as well. I was told by Butler it is not good to fully submerse the hose in standing water. How do you guys extract, let's say, two feet of standing water? I had that situation yesterday, but was scared to use my Butler, so I opted to use my portable flood pumper.
For standing water we use a submersible trash pump, or a couple of sump pumps, until the water is at floor level, then we extract with our stainless steel extractor with 30 GPM APO.

If you stick your TM vac hose under water it will choke out the TM blower.

We have found that our extractor does a better/faster job extracting compared to a PD blower setup in the van.

EVDOG

Jul 25, 2015
Real Name
Evdog
Steve and Bob - Thank you so much for your feedback. Very valuable.

EVDOG

Jul 25, 2015
Real Name
Evdog
2 feet of standing water you could buy a small gas pump. From northern tools
That is what I would suggesthttps://m.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200418131_200418131
Thanks man. I actually have a trash pump I picked up from Harbor Freight ($250) It's literally right up the street from me. We'll see how long it lasts.