What best for water/flood extraction? Truck-mount or portable flood pumper?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Feb 17, 2018
Real Name
Steve Noftle
I've been running a couple Butler Truck-mounts for the past 14 years in NY. We are primarily a restoration company but we do about 200K in carpet too. We have a couple portables but they don't have the CFM's for suction or capacity for waste water like the Butlers. The cost of purchasing a new Butler is significant so I'm sure there are viable options out there. I'm interested in what other restoration companies are doing for their primary method of water extraction. Thanks!

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
If your doing that much in just carpet and are primarily restoration then why wouldnt you just buy a brand new butler outright?

or an aero tech

Feb 17, 2018
Real Name
Steve Noftle
Thanks for the feedback. Like I said I've been running two Butlers for the last 14 years and will most likely continue to do so in the future. I'm sure I would maintain one Butler.I love their reliability and convenience but I've heard some successful restoration companies are using portable flood pumpers instead of truck mounts.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
There is a company here that does about 3 million a year in flood work. They have no Truckmounts. All portables. Thought that was interesting.

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
Use a combination of truckmounts and portables. If you can't reach something with the truck then you can do it with a porty. The last water damage I did we used both and we charged for each extractor which didn't matter whether it was truckmount of porty.

Feb 17, 2018
Real Name
Steve Noftle
Use a combination of truckmounts and portables. If you can't reach something with the truck then you can do it with a porty. The last water damage I did we used both and we charged for each extractor which didn't matter whether it was truckmount of porty.
Thanks longkenn. At present, for extraction purposes we use our Butlers about 99% of the time. Typically, we just add more hose for longer reach applications. We use our portables when both trucks are already in use or other unique situations.
I need to upgrade both Butlers but thinking about dropping $35K per Butler verses 3K for a new portable causes me consider making a paradigm shift.

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
Thanks longkenn. At present, for extraction purposes we use our Butlers about 99% of the time. Typically, we just add more hose for longer reach applications. We use our portables when both trucks are already in use or other unique situations.
I need to upgrade both Butlers but thinking about dropping $35K per Butler verses 3K for a new portable causes me consider making a paradigm shift.
I would venture to guess that the Butlers would increase your production tremendously over any porty out there and do a better job overall!

Rem

Jun 30, 2011
Real Name
Remington Reeder
Business Location
United States
So no one has an answer to this? I am curious as well....best portable/setup for extraction purposes only

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
I would think being in new york parking and high rises would be a nightmare with a truckmount....thing about a portable if you get a big one with an apo and only run 50ft or less extraction only should be fine with the proper tools (water claw)

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Flood pumper portables are the best choice to remove standing water or for areas that truckmounts can not reach or must have a long hose run. They also work well on commercial glue down carpet.

I would use a truckmount if it is wet carpet and cushion (rather than standing water) and if you can get to it with 200' of vacuum hose or less.

Some truckmount models allow you to run the vacuum without the pump being hooked to a water source. This is preferred for flood use.

Rem

Jun 30, 2011
Real Name
Remington Reeder
Business Location
United States
Thanks for the thoughts/input!

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
truckmount slide in with a pumpout....
can also just get a flood pumper wo heat and pressure poump
best option.....i have used both.....gotta have a pumpout!!!!!!

put it in any van ...box van........4 bolts.....8 for the tank......
fuel line and batte3ry cable line and your set

easier setup and you can do top down drying......
no electricity...poping circuits

best price also

Top Bottom