What are your favorite tools for hard surface cleaning? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

What are your favorite tools for hard surface cleaning?

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I could use some input as to what you like for cleaning hard floors. Currently, I'm not really interested in cleaning things like shower walls and countertops, etc. I may change my mind on that later though. I have been using the SX-12 mainly for tile and grout and some stone for several years now. I've thought about getting the Gekko system, Turboforce Raptor, or just one of the cheaper tile and grout wands being sold on E-bay. I personally like the idea of being able to change out to a smaller cleaning head which the E-bay tools don't offer. I could use some input on your experience. I don't do a lot of tile and grout, but I could use some more tools that might let me expand a little as well as make cleaning other things more doable.

The Gekko system looks nice, but seems virtually every comment I've ever read on this forum has been negative for both Gekko and Raptor. I do feel I need a tool for tight spaces like around toilets, etc. I think I understand the negative comments on the Raptor may be caused by the internal hose hook up. I've never used one so I really don't know.

Here's some of the stuff I'm looking at buying. The Gekko system does get pretty pricey btw so I'm not even going to try and list that here. I'm guess ing over 700. for just the basics with Gekko. That would be the Gekko wand, brush head, and the 4" head. To me, the Gekko looks like a superior system to anything else I've looked at or know about. Thoughts???
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337618551&icep_item=332336773174
http://www.jondon.com/raptor-quick-connect-hard-surface-tool.html

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Turbo Hybrid: Most effective tile and grout cleaning tool you can buy!
What about something for smaller areas that you can't get to with a spinner?

groutguy

Premium VIP
Mar 9, 2008
Fredericksburg Virginia
pristinepete.com
Real Name
Peter Diehl
Business Location
United States
We use the turbo spinner for open areas and either the cobra or gecko 4" for corners and edges. Mostly the cobra in residential where we need more control of over spray and the gecko in commercial where there is little wood or risk. The gecko is nice because you can stand up, we never changed the head on that even though I had one.

There are areas in homes that we still detail by hand with white terry towels like under cabinet toe kicks and corners. Or a combination of towels and the cobra. It's a delicate situation because we want the edges to be just as clean as the rest of the floor for sure, but we don't want to over saturate the floor along the wall causing issues with base molding or shoe molding, but it is also important to get the edges cleaned, rinsed well and dry to avoid white residue if using grout master.

manbearpig

Mar 17, 2017
Real Name
Mike Pollock
Turbo Hybrid: Most effective tile and grout cleaning tool you can buy!
Turbo hybrid mini. I use these mainly for the area between the toilet and wall where the larger tool doesn’t fit. The turbo hybrids are the best spinner tools out there

Reactions: wandwizard

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I agree with the crowd. The TH-40 Turbo-Hybrid is the best spinner out there. I’ve used the SX-12 and SX-15 and I just don’t like them. It’s one of the few things from Interlink I just don’t like. I do have a Gekko wand with the 4 inch head I use for corners, edges, and tight spots. The turbo hybrid and 4 inch Gekko can pretty much handle just about everything you will need on a job.

Reactions: Allied

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
We sell both. They are both great. The TH 40 seems to stick to the floor a little better. I plan on modifying both to find the middle ground.

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
TH40, 175 & gecko with 4" and 14" head. TH40 and gecko on tile. 175 and gecko on hardwood and other water cleanable flooring.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
I could use some input as to what you like for cleaning hard floors. Currently, I'm not really interested in cleaning things like shower walls and countertops, etc. I may change my mind on that later though. I have been using the SX-12 mainly for tile and grout and some stone for several years now. I've thought about getting the Gekko system, Turboforce Raptor, or just one of the cheaper tile and grout wands being sold on E-bay. I personally like the idea of being able to change out to a smaller cleaning head which the E-bay tools don't offer. I could use some input on your experience. I don't do a lot of tile and grout, but I could use some more tools that might let me expand a little as well as make cleaning other things more doable.

The Gekko system looks nice, but seems virtually every comment I've ever read on this forum has been negative for both Gekko and Raptor. I do feel I need a tool for tight spaces like around toilets, etc. I think I understand the negative comments on the Raptor may be caused by the internal hose hook up. I've never used one so I really don't know.

Here's some of the stuff I'm looking at buying. The Gekko system does get pretty pricey btw so I'm not even going to try and list that here. I'm guess ing over 700. for just the basics with Gekko. That would be the Gekko wand, brush head, and the 4" head. To me, the Gekko looks like a superior system to anything else I've looked at or know about. Thoughts???
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337618551&icep_item=332336773174
http://www.jondon.com/raptor-quick-connect-hard-surface-tool.html
I have that wand, it works very well, as I don't have a spinner but I'm looking at them

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I have that wand, it works very well, as I don't have a spinner but I'm looking at them
Do you have a truckmount? If you are using a portable I’d stick with a wand. Portables just don’t have enough water flow to make a spinner work good.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Do you have a truckmount? If you are using a portable I’d stick with a wand. Portables just don’t have enough water flow to make a spinner work good.
I have two truckmounts but I take the high dollar jobs each day lol so I use the nautilus,, but we have been talking about a spinner so I thought I would get one for the guys to try out to see if they like it... But heck ive never even seen one in person before ! These carpet supplies in Houston are just janitorial places and they don't keep stuff on hand like this, its a order thing on the internet.

I was thinking of getting one modified so I could carry one on my truck too.. Like a smaller tips?
is that even a possibility?

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Ususally Todd, I prespray and let it dwell really good then Run 175 w/grout brush, then rinse so a modified smaller version that would run off 500 psi would be ideal, especially in highrises.

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I have two truckmounts but I take the high dollar jobs each day lol so I use the nautilus,, but we have been talking about a spinner so I thought I would get one for the guys to try out to see if they like it... But heck ive never even seen one in person before ! These carpet supplies in Houston are just janitorial places and they don't keep stuff on hand like this, its a order thing on the internet.

I was thinking of getting one modified so I could carry one on my truck too.. Like a smaller tips?
I think the turbo hybrid already has 01 jets so you can’t go any smaller. I’ve never tried it with a portable but from what I understand spinners need a higher volume (GPM) of water than what portables can put out. You can definitely try it and see how it works.

For your truckmount you will love a spinner.

Reactions: rob allen

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
If you order from steam brite I think you get the th40 and the cobra for one price...it's a deal for sure.
I found that deal and it definitely is a great deal. At the moment though I'm ok with the SX-12 spinner. I think it does a decent job. I'm mainly looking at tools that can get stuff that can't be gotten at with a spinner right now. Getting that free AR50 hand tool with the Th40 is very enticing though! That's an over 200.00 freebie.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
TH40 is awsome, cobra hand tool is okay for showers and corners. Consider a hand spinner for showers because it does really cut the soap scum better than a single jet or basic wand tile tool.
It just so happens I'm doing a small shower floor tomorrow morning. The customer said she can't remove the "soap scum". Funny thing is I couldn't see virtually any soap scum on that floor. It did have a rough texture to the tiles where the shower has been hitting it that I think may be permanent. The rest of the bath floor looks like it should be pretty easy. This shower stall is so small I could really use a hand tool of some kind like right now! It's only like 30 sq. ft. shower floor may be less. Do you use anything special on soap scum?

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States

Pumptek does make a portable pump that can run a spinner. You just use your extractor for recovery. I don't know how well it works or how many guys use it, but it's been around quite a few years. Might be something to look at anyway. The motor is over 14 amps so it definitely needs it's own circuit. http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337618551&icep_item=332490529608