Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
What are you thankful for in 5 things or less.

Many times were all caught up in business we forget how well off we are at times. How many blessings or privileges we actually have, especially in this country. It’s easy to get down on ourselves and or be jealous of others station in life. So let’s take a moment to be thankful to help have the right perspective. Here’s mine.

One I’m most thankful for the creator for making this wonderful planet that spins at 1000’s mph, sits at perfect tilt all the while hurling through space at mind blowing speeds. Not to mention the variety of food, natural wonders and of course the marvel of life itself. I’m thankful he allows us imperfect people to live here.

Secondly, I’m thankful for family and friends. Nice to know you have ones who have your back through thick and thin. I’m thankful that I can reciprocate by working hard to create the best life for them as possible. Life is busy and it’s important to take take time out for family and friends.

Third, I’m thankful that I can live in the land of opportunity. A place where one can work for others or themselves for not only basic necessities but where we can attain any level of wealth we put our mind to. We are free to chase our dreams in this country and for that I am thankful.

Lastly, I’m thankful to learn. The more you learn, the more you earn. That goes two ways. Taking in knowledge you can build spiritual and physical wealth. I am extremely thankful to all you members on Truckmountforums who I have gleaned a great deal knowledge online. You can improve your business and work on your shortcomings. We all have them. That leads me to number 5.

It’s also important to listen to your critics at times also. For example, one well known person on the boards who is not fond of me said “if Rob only recognized his strongest area is videos he’d be better off”. So I sought out and made www.tmfacademy.com, the first diverse online training school in our industry. It has paid off handsomely. So listen carefully, blessings can come from those you love or those who don’t like you.

Well that sums it up for me. Love to hear your top 5 things even if it’s similar to mine. After all we are all in this industry and life together. I thank you all for your support and friendships.

Rob Allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I am thankful for Trump. He has given me and my family and friends renewed excitement and led us to great economic prosperity.
He also got a few basketball players out of China who are now able to be with family and friends today.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
I'm thankful for my health and physical and mental well being.
For my home.
For my humble business and the opportunities for advancement.
I'm appreciative to live in a wonderful warm climate.
I'm thankful for my open minded attitude that enables me to keep learning and reinventing myself, so I never remain stuck in the same rut in life.
Always a good topic Rob, if we learn to focus on the things we have to be thankful for, we learn to feel good about our life, our world, family friends and livelihoods.
Nothing beats feeling good in life!
If you think about it, everything we strive to get in life, we go after because we think obtaining it will make us feel good.
Thankfulness is a shortcut to that goal.

crash1big

Mar 18, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Marlan Brown
Business Location
United States
I am most thankful for Jesus who the father sent to cover the sins of all those who would come to Him.
Then I'm thankful for the thousands of blessings I have rec'd starting with my wife and my children, my friends, my businesses.....and so on. :)

Travis Teague

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Travis Teague
I am thankful for my foundation. The foundation my parents gave me which I can now build what ever I want to put upon it. My father who took me to cub scout meeting after a 10 hour shift. Or came to every football game even though I sat the bench the entire game. My mother who taught me to time travel when I said a cus word by smacking me into next week.
My father had hands of pure calluses and leather from hard work. My mother a face of 60 when she was 30. Both taught me hard work. I seem to have difficulty teaching my children this and want to make life easier for them. But the heavy hand my parents gave me made me the strong person I am today. I lookat my grandparents generation (ww2) and look at my children's generation(snowflake) and think what the hell happened.

Reactions: rob allen

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
I am thankful for my foundation. The foundation my parents gave me which I can now build what ever I want to put upon it. My father who took me to cub scout meeting after a 10 hour shift. Or came to every football game even though I sat the bench the entire game. My mother who taught me to time travel when I said a cus word by smacking me into next week.
My father had hands of pure calluses and leather from hard work. My mother a face of 60 when she was 30. Both taught me hard work.

I seem to have difficulty teaching my children this and want to make life easier for them. But the heavy hand my parents gave me made me the strong person I am today. I lookat my grandparents generation (ww2)

and look at my children's generation(snowflake) and think what the hell happened.

you answered your own question before you posed your question. you want too make it easier for them.
little girls still need be told they’re beautiful and boys still need real Affirmation!

my boy is 6 i took him too a job a year ago and didn’t have a whole lot for him too do. carpet turned out to be a rat nasty empty. so i have him ait on the 175 and his body weight actually made a huge difference.

Afterward i paid him and said” thanks for the help buddy.” he responds dad was i really a help? real affirmation and the boy was a help.

friday we did honey do’s all day well in the morning he wanted to go to the home depot butjust got telling his mom i cant go with dad if im gonna get paid for working i gotta stay and work!

dude i cant get grown mem too learn that concept. we don’t buy our kids much stuff we let them work for it but when we do they’re super appreciative.

good post Travis made me think of my mom and her working hard

Reactions: rob allen