What are you charging for carpet stretching? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

What are you charging for carpet stretching?

crash1big

Mar 18, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Marlan Brown
Business Location
United States
When I use to install I never used concrete nails.
Always used architectural tackless, drilled with a hammer drill and fastened with square aluminum drive nails.
We drill but use flutes instead of aluminum.

Superb

Jan 10, 2015
Real Name
Tracy Osborne
Business Location
United States
I have been doing 5 stretching/repair jobs a week, here is one i did today. I habe raised my prices with no pushback...100/room to stretch $80 a patch
This is my first post ever but one thing I can tell is that after seeing this work you need to charge a premium for your work. That is an excellent repair! I typically charge by the room for restretch (roughly $100 every room I go into) but I always go on site to estimate. I did a restretch today in 6 rooms for $650 with minimal furniture. Took me about 5 hours.

Keep up that great repair work!

Total Cleaning Service

Sep 13, 2015
Real Name
Matthew Tyson
This is my first post ever but one thing I can tell is that after seeing this work you need to charge a premium for your work. That is an excellent repair! I typically charge by the room for restretch (roughly $100 every room I go into) but I always go on site to estimate. I did a restretch today in 6 rooms for $650 with minimal furniture. Took me about 5 hours.

Keep up that great repair work!
Thanks I may raise prices next year

NofxJohnson

Oct 14, 2015
Real Name
Mike Sheridan
I was just doing repair and carpet stretching in homes where i was cleaning carpet. I am now going after more stretching and repair jobs and wanted to compare prices. What do you charge to stretch per room? What do you charge if you have to cut and repair a seam? What do charge for a patch?
$80 an hour, 1 to 2 hours per area. So a "great room" I would consider two areas, and quote $160-$320. An extra hour per area, in case I gotta remove 1000 Staples or something. It usually ends up being the lower side of the quote, and doubling it gives a good "cushion" for Murphy. Most of my estimates schedule, and are happy with the end result, and the price.

Aug 27, 2017
Real Name
Wayne C Thompson
I recommend a few local carpet installers that do a great job doing the re stretches and repairs and they tell their customers to come to me for the carpet cleaning. We usually schedule the morning for them doing the re stretch and I clean the place in the afternoon.
I get more referrals from them and make more per hour cleaning carpet. I stick with what makes me the most per hour.

SAA

Jul 12, 2008
NC
www.thecarpetsurgeons.com
Real Name
Steve Andrews
Business Location
United States
Always good to know one's strengths and weaknesses. Each should focus on what works for them but for those that want to expand, it never hurts to learn more and more, one never knows when a newer skill can open doors for them.

You seem to have a good arrangement that works for you.

For those that pursue services outside of what they normally do, i.e. corrective work, carpet repairs and re-stretch, they often find it opens doors of opportunities they may never have had a chance to get into. It certainly opened many doors for me for many years that I would never have gotten into as a 'cleaner'.

By the way, Nice repair NofxJohnson.

SAA

Aug 27, 2017
Real Name
Wayne C Thompson
I installed , re stretched, repaired carpet for 15 years before I started cleaning carpet.
After the first few years , I decided to do cleaning only, I just do not have enough room in my van for installation tools and cleaning tools and equipment.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Just purchased part of another business because its a great add on service. my customer base hasn't necessarily grown but my services have grown organically. this allows for less travel time also

Always good to know one's strengths and weaknesses. Each should focus on what works for them but for those that want to expand, it never hurts to learn more and more, one never knows when a newer skill can open doors for them.

You seem to have a good arrangement that works for you.

For those that pursue services outside of what they normally do, i.e. corrective work, carpet repairs and re-stretch, they often find it opens doors of opportunities they may never have had a chance to get into. It certainly opened many doors for me for many years that I would never have gotten into as a 'cleaner'.

By the way, Nice repair NofxJohnson.

SAA

greg2206

Oct 3, 2011
SC
Real Name
Greg Broome
Business Location
United States
Carpet stretching is good money but only if you charge accordingly. I charge $200 for the first room and 90-125 each room thereafter. I also charge a fee for furniture moving as well. We are sent pictures of the damage or wrinkled areas and go from there. Not too many people have the skill it takes to do it. Be a perfectionistic person and do a great job.I am considering not doing it anymore as it does take time and I have tried to train others so I can do sales calls but no success there. Yes you can make good $ at it depending on where you are at in your business.

Reactions: sbsscn

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I wont lie

I am very expensive.

to seam a door entry as a repair I start at $80 and the wider the door the higher the cost

For re-stretching I have a minimum of $150.00
replacing a tack strip is $10.00 on wooden subfloor, concrete is $15-25 per tack strip (cause I drill and anchor the tack strip) for parts and installation, plus stretching

For a patch repair of up to 4" circle it varies cost of $40-80 per repair
Minimum for anything over 6" is $120.00

over all my minimum service fee is $175.00. That means it benefits them if they have more work for me to do.

Reactions: brian3180

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
i enjoy repairs mor than cleaning and i do well with it. then we sell cleanings and other services
Lately my prices keep going up up up on repairs , I guess word is getting around because I keep getting repair calls... Remember that kneeless kicker,,, I absofukkinglutely love it... I can stretch faster and I don't need to drag in the powerstretcher…. Faster than any knee kicker or power stretcher , and I believe it does a better faster stronger stretch.. and no kicking

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Lately my prices keep going up up up on repairs , I guess word is getting around because I keep getting repair calls... Remember that kneeless kicker,,, I absofukkinglutely love it... I can stretch faster and I don't need to drag in the powerstretcher…. Faster than any knee kicker or power stretcher , and I believe it does a better faster stronger stretch.. and no kicking
Dude that triforce is retarded. Worst $500 spent imo.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Dude that triforce is retarded. Worst $500 spent imo.
you have to start in middle of wall and go to the corners, im sure its fast as hell when you figure it out..... I used my so much I got used to it and its better than a knee kicker. and I hardly use the power stretcher.