What are the benefits of handmade rugs over machine-made rugs? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

What are the benefits of handmade rugs over machine-made rugs?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
handmade rugs are made with Love.

Tom Forsythe

Mar 20, 2006
Salt lake City, UT
The best handmade rugs are "Art Underfoot". With that being said, Karastan machinemade rugs (I have 2)will last longer and have better colors and designs than a lot of handmade rugs. I have yet to see an ugly Karastan rug, but I have seen hundreds of ugly handmade rugs. However, I have seen many handmade rugs that make the heart skip a beat. :love:

Reactions: Scott W

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
The best handmade rugs are "Art Underfoot". With that being said, Karastan machinemade rugs (I have 2)will last longer and have better colors and designs than a lot of handmade rugs. I have yet to see an ugly Karastan rug, but I have seen hundreds of ugly handmade rugs. However, I have seen many handmade rugs that make the heart skip a beat. :love:
I inherited a lovely Karastan multi-panel from my mother's house, and despite the preponderance of other more expensive handmade rugs she had (a few of which I gave away to guys in the area who could appreciate their value), the Karastan is still my favorite.

Reactions: Scott W

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
What's the benefit of an original oil painting compared to a print? The original is a work of art, at least in someone's eyes.

Of course, it depends on the skill of the artist. I could do an oil painting that had less value than the blank canvas. Prints or reproductions are only made of the more popular patterns.