What advertising have you used over the years?

steam king

Apr 11, 2009
California
Real Name
Miguel Mayorga
Business Location
United States
I have done flyers, craigslist, magnetic business cards, door hangers, door to door sales, referrals, classified magazines, yellow pages, service magic, van lettering, coupon magazines, website, and maybe a few more that I can't remember at this time. For me the best marketing has been Referrals, magnetic business cards, and keeping in touch with customers.

Dave Y

Carpet Cleaner
Jul 14, 2008
Real Name
Dave Yokum
Business Location
United States
THe falure of most marketing and marketing plans is FTI.

That is why marketers talk so much about "Falure To Execute."

The best marketing does not do any good if it is allowed to sit on a desk collecting dust.

That is why I include an action plan that is easy to follow.

I encourange all cleaners to get out your calender and write down the step it will to to execute your marketing with specific dates of completion.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

The best marketing does not do any good if it is allowed to sit on a desk collecting dust.

I encourange all cleaners to get out your calender and write down the step it will to to execute your marketing with specific dates of completion.

Dave no one cares. All we asked for was a list of what everyone has done and what they have not done. Don't you have some carpets to clean since your miracle marketing keeps your phone ringing off the hook?

Dave Y

Carpet Cleaner
Jul 14, 2008
Real Name
Dave Yokum
Business Location
United States
Rob,

Your post also asks for "what media are you planning on using."

That Is why I posted about having a marketing action plan.

It is very cricial to segment the steps it will take to execute your marketing and set hard dates as to the completion of each step.

Too much marketing gets in the "I'll get around to it file" and never gets executed.

Just having a list without a plan is not really helping other cleaners to get ahead IMHO.

I'm trying to look beyond a simple list and offer some soilid advice.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States

I assume that means you charged people for the program but yet to have anyone actually successly complete. This justifies my point, unexecutable, meaning this is a tough sell and newer contractors need some easy wins not selling intagible business services.Great idea wrong clientle

Like most,we too tried them all........besides staying in touch with our database,marketing to potential referral sources has been our best bang for the buck.I got the program from Dave Yoakum,works great. Once you spend time setting it up it runs on automatic pilot.

We use Constant Contact for monthly newsletters to these sources...inexpensive and it works!!

We are also getting bids on full service SEO....Rob's program seems very good

Richard Baldwin

Premium VIP
Sep 5, 2008
Ontario
www.expertcarpet-care.com
Real Name
Richard Baldwin
We just sent out a huge (huge to us) mailing of over 10,000 post cards to blanket a major town in our area, hoping it generates a number of responses which I can work my charm on to turn them into cheerleaders and branch out from there on the new clients.

Another problem we face in our area is so many of our "old faithful" clients are getting too old and keep dying. (Customers 70+)
no disrespect intended, but it's just the area I live in, mostly elderly retired folk. Every time I turn around I learn another well known customer has passed away. Hard to replace old loyal customers so quickly.

Just a note about Dave Yoakum, at the risk of stirring up the pot, but I personally appreciate Dave's time and input he puts into this board particularly with marketing advice. You can take it or leave it, but at least we have people here that can offer an educated point of view, which is probably better than my Non-educated point of view that I so readily offer.

I'm sorry if Rob tried some of your suggestions or programs and didnt have the same success, but Rob, you are sounding extremely vindictive toward Dave in this thread and I dont think it's being fair to him. As long as he isnt openly spamming everyone for personal benefit, then I think his contribution to a marketing thread should be welcome here. Again I'm sorry if you did not benefit from his ideas, but maybe others will.

This note is meant constructively and with no intent to criticize either party. It's just a personal opinion.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I appreciate your viewpoint Richard but the truth is Dave looks for any opportunity to hawk his program without ever paying a penny. He constantly hijacks Tre and I's threads while speaking abusively about us on other forums. He has never paid for advertising or purchased a banner for his program. I wish him well but for a long time he has put Tre and I down while getting a free ride.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Like most,we too tried them all........besides staying in touch with our database,marketing to potential referral sources has been our best bang for the buck.I got the program from Dave Yoakum,works great. Once you spend time setting it up it runs on automatic pilot.

We use Constant Contact for monthly newsletters to these sources...inexpensive and it works!!

We are also getting bids on full service SEO....Rob's program seems very good

0 chance of that happening and is obvious ploy

Dave is a great guy
Dave Yokoum Who? receive some pretty good play
including from me and I personally have been a pretty good supporter just not to this specific issue

Dont think i like this too much
None of these posters actually followed the program although i respect the posters, so seperate.

Now if Dave did in fact post some nasty text on a different forum{i would not know} Me and
You Have a problem
If this is in fact true man up because i would like to respond.

TheButler

Sep 11, 2010
Delaware
Real Name
Allen Johnson
Business Location
United States
Richard Baldwin, I'd be interested to know how you mailing turns out. As I recall reading somewhere, it takes at least 3 mailings to create impact. I can not vouch for that. Please PM me with your results. Thanx
Allen
The Butler Did It...Cleaning Services, LLC

Dave Y

Carpet Cleaner
Jul 14, 2008
Real Name
Dave Yokum
Business Location
United States
0 chance of that happening and is obvious ployQUOTE]

What is that about?

Mike posted me the other week on facebook about the success he is having with my marketing like you asked.He is also using Tre's SEO.

(This is not a promotion of the above mentioned programs, just responding about Shanes post.)

-Shane send me your E-mail address.

I have been on the boards since 1996,run a successful business out of upstate NY.

This childish time wasting,energy draining nonsense is the reason I don't post much.
I have no reason to promote Dave Y for no other reason that his program works
IF YOU WORK IT......to say it doesn't work without knowing the how's and why's is
dumb,plain and simple.........I don't give a rat's ass about these dumb bb feuds
I spoke to Rob last week about SEO for my business,he sent over a great proposal.

Keep your drama to yourself boys and girls,I haven't the time for it.