What advertising have you used over the years? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

What advertising have you used over the years?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Name what mediums you have used and what mediums you would like to use someday;

I have used the following;

Door to door cold calling
Business cards
Flyers
Newspaper
Magazine
Spotter give aways
Truck wraps
Direct coupons
BNI
Internet
TV

Ones I have never used is but want to eventually;

Billboard
Charity events
Sales rep

mrcarpet

Dec 6, 2009
Columbia, MO
www.maxcaremark.com
Real Name
Rob Decker
Business Location
United States
I think of marketing like in investing: DIVERSIFY! Choose several forms of marketing to reach more potential customers
I have used Yellow Pages, door to door, word of mouth, personal visits to commercial accounts, telemarketing, coupons, agreements with other businesses (cross marketing), professional service groups, chamber of commerce, associations for apartment owners, etc etc etc.
Some have awesome returns, some don't. But every customer you get from efforts like this is valuable, and deserves great service-- might as well be from you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave Y

Carpet Cleaner
Jul 14, 2008
Real Name
Dave Yokum
Business Location
United States
Ton's of ways to market and I've done many from telemarketing ,large yellow page ads, realestate folders, to walking thousands of flyers.

A more relevent question is what has worked best for you.

THe most effective way to market that has the most return and the lowest cost has been to set up referral groups in my area and let them perpetually market for me for free.(Produces several jobs a week for no effort or money)

Followed by the internet where I usually have the top organic and map listing . (Produces jobs every day for 14 bucks a month )

Also, don't forget to stay in regular monthly contact with your current clients. (Costs around $250 per month to mail out a postcard.One average job pays for it.Produces several jobs a week.)

It's not how much you spend. Some high price marketing can be crap and some low priced (Or free) marketing can produce tons.

Don't forget JV's and working with other business in your area.

Dave Y

Carpet Cleaner
Jul 14, 2008
Real Name
Dave Yokum
Business Location
United States
What happened. Did I kill this thread.

What advertising have you used?

Successes, Failures?

What would you like to implement in the future?

This business is all about marketing.

Without productive marketing even a cleaner with the best equipment and skills will go broke.

Marketing can literally make or break your business.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
What happened. Did I kill this thread.

What advertising have you used?

Successes, Failures?

What would you like to implement in the future?

This business is all about marketing.

Without productive marketing even a cleaner with the best equipment and skills will go broke.

Marketing can literally make or break your business.
Yes you ruined it Dave. We were asking cleaners not marketing pedlars. And please don't give us your a cleaner too.

Dave Y

Carpet Cleaner
Jul 14, 2008
Real Name
Dave Yokum
Business Location
United States
Yes you ruined it Dave. We were asking cleaners not marketing pedlars. And please don't give us your a cleaner too.

You must not know much about me ROB to attack me like that or were you just mis-informed?

I'll let you in that I've cleaned carpets every week for over 25 years. So, I have ton's to offer.

I come on here everyday to offer FREE advise and I talk to several cleaner every week on the phone every week to help them without asking for a dime.

I only offer my marketing program to other cleaners (I originally intended to keep it secret) because I want to help others to learn how to market for next to nothing and I don't ask for a perpetual monthly charge like most of the other marketing guys do.

Cleaner were begging me to share this way to market for several years befor I began to offer it.

I am not a marketing pedler. I just found a better way to market.

Especially, after using all the other stuff that most cleaner use and finding that a lot of it just doesn't work very well.

Calling names (If that is what your intention was)is very not becoming of you.

(Kind of sets a bad tone for the readers of the board.)

Perhaps you were just misinformed

Anyway , I hope this post helped to set the record straight.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
You must not know much about me ROB to attack me like that or were you just mis-informed?

I'll let you in that I've cleaned carpets every week for over 25 years. So, I have ton's to offer.

I come on here everyday to offer FREE advise and I talk to several cleaner every week on the phone every week to help them without asking for a dime.

I only offer my marketing program to other cleaners (I originally intended to keep it secret) because I want to help others to learn how to market for next to nothing and I don't ask for a perpetual monthly charge like most of the other marketing guys do.

Cleaner were begging me to share this way to market for several years befor I began to offer it.

Especially, after using all the other stuff that most cleaner use and finding that a lot of it just doesn't work very well.

Dave I tried your marketing program to business's as a "benefit" for their employee's. I was not impressed. And I didn't ask what anyone spent. No promotion wanted or requested in this thread. No reply needed just start another thread.

spotman123

Jan 3, 2010
new york
Real Name
spot man
Business Location
United States
Rob, I have used plastic coffee cups with a pen and letter opener, packaged together, and left on desks of employees at certain commercial jobs. The freebies all had my business info imprinted on each. I also did get permission to do it from the office mgr or owner first. Did a small billboard sign on the local little league field(4x8) on the fence spotman
I do like franks word of mouth, that is free.

mrcarpet

Dec 6, 2009
Columbia, MO
www.maxcaremark.com
Real Name
Rob Decker
Business Location
United States
Networking groups are very good, we get leads from ours quite a bit. Someone already mentioned it here, thought I would second...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prcarpet

Feb 11, 2010
Clarksville, TN
Real Name
Chris Biggs
Business Location
United States
Door to Door has worked when nothing was panning out. I don't recommend it's slowwww.
Like above said Google has been amazing.
Local sites like craigslist and bookoo have brought me tons. (despite the negative criticism they recieve here.)
Cards and flyers at all businesses that will allow it. (Knowing the owner of a beauty salon helped word of mouth spreads like wildfire in that place.)
I got a few realtors sending me jobs just because I sent a friendly email. May have not been the most effective way to approach them but it did work and I didn't leave the desk.
Flyers are cheap and work but low sucess ratio.

Apr 7, 2009
Central PA (814) Area Code
Real Name
Chad Smith & Jennifer Fogleman
Business Location
United States
Door to Door has worked when nothing was panning out. I don't recommend it's slowwww.
Like above said Google has been amazing.
Local sites like craigslist and bookoo have brought me tons. (despite the negative criticism they recieve here.)
Cards and flyers at all businesses that will allow it. (Knowing the owner of a beauty salon helped word of mouth spreads like wildfire in that place.)
I got a few realtors sending me jobs just because I sent a friendly email. May have not been the most effective way to approach them but it did work and I didn't leave the desk.
Flyers are cheap and work but low sucess ratio.
There's no way you got a lot of work from craigslist unless you're doing it in the Nude.haha
Dbag

Just kidding

I never heard of Bookoo. Do you have any more info on that, because Craigslist works very well for us to. Thanks

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States

C'mon dave, i agree you are very helpful but the other stuff is nonsense
and we still have not found one person actually doing this successfully besides you

Apr 7, 2009
Central PA (814) Area Code
Real Name
Chad Smith & Jennifer Fogleman
Business Location
United States
You do spots on AM of FM?
How often?
What's the cost on something like that?

Thanks!
It's free for us. lol

A new customer we got from Craigslist, Yes craigslist, we became really good friends with the couple and their kids are the same age as ours. They had us over for a party and one of the guests was a morning Talk show host. I sat down and shot the BS with him for awhile. Next thing you know we are on the radio.:bigsmiley:

Dave Y

Carpet Cleaner
Jul 14, 2008
Real Name
Dave Yokum
Business Location
United States
C'mon dave, i agree you are very helpful but the other stuff is nonsense
and we still have not found one person actually doing this successfully besides you

Shane ,

Why would I be helpful and on target in one reguard but not in an other?
Seems inconsistant to me.

I don't use this board to toot my own horn. But, since you asked I feel I am oblgated to reply.

Here are some unsolicitated responces from some cleaners using my system:

"Hey Dave......your program works very well.We have an excellent network of referral sources,thank you- Mike Hogan

Personally I think it's money well spent.Just got my second job from Dave’s program by making only 1 phone call and have an estimate from a
referral from one of those jobs. It’s not costing one penny to keep this ad up and it’s still not done producingI’m glad I bought it! -Jesse J

Received it in the mail last week. I'm sure it is a winner. Dave lays everything out for you very thoroughly and clearly. The program is incredibly simple, but that's the beauty of it.-Joseph C

Everything Dave has told me has been true. This is very professionally done and well thought out. Also very easy to implement. Buy it now!
I recommend it! -John T

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Mutually Exclusive

Just because you are experienced operator does not mean you can train someone else to be for money and follow a specific system. Just like a good tech does not always make a good business owner or good supervisor yet still has alot of knowledge. Completely different

Nobody said you were a bad guy but selling a "system" is different.Simply find it suspect that is all

Have "todd c." or whatever post some testimonials here then