What a life saver

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I have been real sick this week with pneumonia which makes it almost impossible to breathe as the lungs can't pass the oxygen on to the blood. I have been down all week and finally today I went to do one empty house. Just from walking from the truck to the front door I was out of breath.

My daughter has worked with me the last couple summers as a helper. She knows how to set up the hoses and run the machine, she pulls hose and can pack everything up when done.

Well, after I took an hour and a half to clean 3 empty 12x12 rooms I thought I would give my daughter a chance to try using the wand. She did an awesome job, better than I would ever expect of a first time carpet cleaner. The first 3 pictures below are of her first room, by the end of the room she was even making nice triangle wand marks. I figured I would finish the rest of the house but she wanted to keep going and she did the last 4 rooms. She did an awesome job and it's sad to say I think she did better than half the cleaners I used to work with.

She will be sore tomorrow.:D

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
I seen a topic about the Sodium Nitrates in meats. It is used as a preservative.
It is found in nature, cows, and it accumulates in a body, the organic nitrates.

Now the stuff is added in food, this added stuff is not so natural occurring.
Any how, I read that the added Sodium Nitrates in meats will suck the Oxygen out of your bodies blood.
Sodium Nitrates in meats also removes oxygen in meats as it does to preserver food for months.
It also contributes to the development of Diabetes.

Also, Studies done in the 1940s and 1950s by the FDA said Sodium Nitrates in food was safe for humans, as no effect where noticed in test rats.
No more FDA studies has been public since, as far as I know..

Last edited:

SAA

Jul 12, 2008
NC
www.thecarpetsurgeons.com
Real Name
Steve Andrews
Business Location
United States
Todd, that is great, my youngest daughter started working with me when she was 7 and she ran the Cimex. At 15 she had certifications in CCT, UFT, RRT and Color Repair. Worked with me until she was in her early 30's and then got a real job. It was a wonderful experience for all those years. One thing about it, girls usually work harder than most guys and their attention to detail is usually better.
I hope you enjoy it as much as you can for as long as she wants to work.
SAA

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
I have been real sick this week with pneumonia which makes it almost impossible to breathe as the lungs can't pass the oxygen on to the blood. I have been down all week and finally today I went to do one empty house. Just from walking from the truck to the front door I was out of breath.

My daughter has worked with me the last couple summers as a helper. She knows how to set up the hoses and run the machine, she pulls hose and can pack everything up when done.

Well, after I took an hour and a half to clean 3 empty 12x12 rooms I thought I would give my daughter a chance to try using the wand. She did an awesome job, better than I would ever expect of a first time carpet cleaner. The first 3 pictures below are of her first room, by the end of the room she was even making nice triangle wand marks. I figured I would finish the rest of the house but she wanted to keep going and she did the last 4 rooms. She did an awesome job and it's sad to say I think she did better than half the cleaners I used to work with.

She will be sore tomorrow.:D

Sure hope you feel better quick Todd !! Your young lady did a TREMENDOUS JOB !! My hat is off to her and she deserves the medal !! Great job .
All the Best, Ed
P.S. Tell her I think it's great she helped her dad and the family out . Shows wonderful character . JMHO .

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Btw quit getting sick to sucker your lil girl into doing your job :D

Actually my wife an daughter are doing my janitorial job cuz I had an emergency house clean for a PM, ended having to trash out all the house even furniture lol

Get well soon amigo

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
My wife helps me, she can run the wand and 360i as good as me and is really good at Red stain removal. If I could just teach her how to run the machine and roll up the solution hose nice and neat I could stay home. On another note, good job todd. Apparently you're a good teacher

Sent from my SM-G920V using TMF Forums mobile app

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Todd is your daughter using the Amtex rebuild ? .
Overlaps look good
No, we were using the prochem. The amtex is in a trailer as a backup right now until I get the new van.

Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Gosh Todd didn't you have Pneumonia in January? I know you were down for awhile then?
Hope you get feeling better brother!
Great to hear your daughter can help you out.
Been crazy busy up here. Had a great May and June is looking promising.
Worked hard today, then headed to the lake. Got the dogs kicked up and having a Moosehead .
image.jpeg

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
See being an O/O you can do stuff like this. Still wouldn't trade it for anything. I've declined a lot of job offers, I enjoy what we do and the hidden benefits

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
image.jpeg
Todd. I hope you are doing better. I have been fighting a battle with food poisoning the last few days. Man. Not fun!

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Sorry to laugh Damon but that's a funny picture. You should go into physical comedy.

Get well soon Todd! I thought Pneumonia was something you got from winter weather. At least now you have someone to put on the 2nd van.

Latest posts