What’s your cash advance policy for employees?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
If you have or ever going to have employees this will come up. Do you give or offer cash advances? Did it work out if so?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Usually no more than $500 and gets paid back over 4 checks. Didn't get burned in 3 years. Obviously wouldn't do for new employees

J20770

Premium VIP
Jan 14, 2019
Real Name
Jason Dumont
Yes but the amount depends on the employee. It usually gets paid back in 3 or 4 pay periods and I deduct the payment amount post tax when I do payroll.

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
The only type of advance my boss would give was if you were going on vacation. We got paid Mondays so if you asked him nicely he would cut you a check for that week on Friday so you had weekend pocket money wherever you were going.

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
I’ll advance what ever has been accumulated in the vacation pay. Up to and no more than twice a year

SMCommerical

Feb 8, 2018
Real Name
Mike C
Never been asked so I never done it. Now if someone did ask, not sure if I would do more then what I can take out of the next check. Also, word spreads to other employees and they are going to want to do it to. Then it just becomes more micromanaging.

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
I don’t have employees but if I did and they came to me with this ............... 1. Throw a handgun on the desk .
2. Tell him to see the clerk at the convenience store down the street .
3. Remind him the convenience store is directly across from the police station .
When he doesn’t pick up the gun look at him and say “ Got any more dumb azz ideas ?? “
4. Pick up gun and tell him to get on the truck .
All the Best , Ed

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
If you have or ever going to have employees this will come up. Do you give or offer cash advances? Did it work out if so?
I've never asked for one when I was employed and not once I have submitted to request from any of 10 employees I had a few years ago. It's definitely bad practice( to give advance) which can become problem if you make habit of getting used to it. It might sound strict, but your employee has to be fiscally responsible and have sufficient reserves , just like businesses do, to be able to live off of it for 6 month period. My occasional helper is exact opposite of what I just described. He went trough his insurance settlement funds like a hurricane a got left with nothing within one month. No way I would give him advance ...
And that's the living check to check mentality. Some people just can't snap out of it and blaming an employer for their own insecurities.
I dare you to prove me wrong.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
this is what pawn shops are for
Don’t give them any ideas. Guess what they will be pawning.....can anyone say 175 or rotary extractor???

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I was asked many years back "Rob can I have 5000.00 to go back to college"?