What’s your carpet cleaning pet peeve? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

What’s your carpet cleaning pet peeve?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Mine, even though we ask them to have it cleared in advance is they have driveway full cars so I call them and they say “I’ll be right out”, then 10 mins later they move it. ‍I've seen sloths move faster. :mad:
200+ comments on our TMF FB. How about here?

pet peeve cc.jpg

Reactions: Dream Clean

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
"I don't want the furniture moved. Just pull it out and clean under it and put it back. What do you mean that costs extra?"

Reactions: chipcline

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
Vacuum motors that run at 15 amps open flow.

I may install a ball valve on the wand as an amp restrictor plate.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
Being asked to do extras after you’ve given the quote.
“Well can you JUST do this little room here”
Or
“ can you do theses little mats while your here”

You know damn well they think you should then charge what you quoted.

Had one last week that thought three rooms of tile cleaning wasn’t extra. Her comment was “well it didn’t really take you that long”

I almost blew a head gasket!
But because I’m such a low key calm person (LOL) I just explained politely it’s not just the time.

Reactions: chipcline

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
“My dogs friendly”.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
People dont understand the technology, chemicals and techniques allow us to clean faster.

Time it takes is perception.

I had a job for an Indian gentleman who at first was very worried I was by myself. Granted it was a big job.

He was VERY upset to learn I was by myself. I assured him it was ok and to watch me clean a room.

Halfway through he started laughing his butt off saying in India they would've had 6 guys show up with little machines and it still wouldnt have done as good a job as mine.

This is why I always love to show people my truck and what they are really paying for.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
People dont understand the technology, chemicals and techniques allow us to clean faster.

Time it takes is perception.

I had a job for an Indian gentleman who at first was very worried I was by myself. Granted it was a big job.

He was VERY upset to learn I was by myself. I assured him it was ok and to watch me clean a room.

Halfway through he started laughing his butt off saying in India they would've had 6 guys show up with little machines and it still wouldnt have done as good a job as mine.

This is why I always love to show people my truck and what they are really paying for.
Agree. First thing I do is position my truck in a way that they see it clearly then I open the doors so they can see the equipment.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I also hate it when a dog barks the whole time your cleaning

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
This will be the last time your cleaning the Carpets. We are getting new ones soon .
OK , if i only had a dollar for every time I herd that one . If its trash im charging you extra for the cleaning Lol .

Nick Southland

Feb 14, 2019
Real Name
Nick McRae
When customers help to move the furniture, their not as organised as I am & the job ends up taking longer than it would if I did it myself. Cleaning a house that has been painted by the owner & they did use a drop cloth or let me know so I can allow the extra I would need to treat the paint spots that are everywhere.

Attachments

Thewy

May 4, 2020
Georgia
Real Name
Stephen
Business Location
United States
When customers help to move the furniture, their not as organised as I am & the job ends up taking longer than it would if I did it myself. Cleaning a house that has been painted by the owner & they did use a drop cloth or let me know so I can allow the extra I would need to treat the paint spots that are everywhere.
Geez! What did you use to get rid of all that paint? Nice job.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
We've had dogs so loud we had to ask the customer to take a walk while we finish.

I'm talking next level decibels blow your ear drums loud, the most high pitched sound you've ever heard for 2hrs straight.

Reactions: Emart63

Emart63

Oct 1, 2014
Real Name
Eric Martsen
Business Location
United States
Time-wasters. Customers that seem determined to hold us back from starting the job as long as possible with too much stupid banter or too many ridiculous questions or micromanagement or making mountains out of molehills. For chrissakes, if it were a $20k restoration job I’d be glad to take some time to get to know the customer and hold their hand, but it’s 2 rooms and a hall for $150 and I just lost 45 minutes from having to talk over every little detail or from getting the “toe-pointing” tour of obvious spots on the carpet! Lady, please STOP talking and please GTF out of our way and let me clean your f****n carpet, PLEASE!!!

Emart63

Oct 1, 2014
Real Name
Eric Martsen
Business Location
United States
This will be the last time your cleaning the Carpets. We are getting new ones soon .
OK , if i only had a dollar for every time I herd that one . If its trash im charging you extra for the cleaning Lol .
Same! Except in my neck of the woods outside NYC, I’ve been listening to customers tell me for the last 20 years how they’re going to be ripping out all the carpets and putting in wood floors.