What’s your answer to “I found someone cheaper”?

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
I don’t know what to say until I know what their objection is • if there are objections.
• • • if we know how to deal w everything we come across • on a floor or wall • water / fire / funk how can we not know the Other 2/3’s • the human factor • our client
• • • or in this case • our discussion • future client

Understand what they want • listen • answer • book !
• you will book 95% of calls no better way !

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
I don’t know what to say until I know what their objection is • if there are objections.
• • • if we know how to deal w everything we come across • on a floor or wall • water / fire / funk how can we not know the Other 2/3’s • the human factor • our client
• • • or in this case • our discussion • future client

Understand what they want • listen • answer • book !
• you will book 95% of calls no better way !
Think of all you do to make the phone ring • lots goes in to that call.

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
Me too • 2% of the time
I thank them for calling and wish them the best. I don't want to be the cheapest guy they call and if after my little speech they still just want the lowest price cleaner then I'm not it and I wish them the best.
Please understand • you are doing what is 100% right for you • everyone does the same • you’re cool !
• • • but for the new guys • who have little
• • • and others • no experience • I want to encourage them to understand the vital importance of every phone call
• • • as vital as the cleaning • if not more
• • • calls are to be viewed as the precious / vital resource they are • I don’t want them to come away from a discussion like this thinking anything less ! ! !

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
Please understand • you are doing what is 100% right for you • everyone does the same • you’re cool !
• • • but for the new guys • who have little
• • • and others • no experience • I want to encourage them to understand the vital importance of every phone call
• • • as vital as the cleaning • if not more
• • • calls are to be viewed as the precious / vital resource they are • I don’t want them to come away from a discussion like this thinking anything less ! ! !

• • • the ability to overcome any objection is necessary.
• • If the client is not booked • it is because I have chosen not to do so • after having received all the necessary information I need to make that determination
• • • If the client is left to make that determination • or any other for that matter • training is at hand

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
Honestly the biggest thing is just ANSWERING the phone, I'm amazed how often someones book me with me simply because I picked up and the previous 2-4 guys didnt.

Simply amazing people spending tens of thousands dollars advertising and can’t even answer their damn phone. Makes 0 sense to me.
I personally haven’t advertised for the last twenty years. I just answer my phone. Even when I’m busy as hell.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Simply amazing people spending tens of thousands dollars advertising and can’t even answer their damn phone. Makes 0 sense to me.
I personally haven’t advertised for the last twenty years. I just answer my phone. Even when I’m busy as hell.

I stopped by my shop today to move some items. My phone was ringing non stop. I just don’t have it in me to answer on Saturday and Sunday’s anymore. Monday thru Friday we miss nothing!

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
I stopped by my shop today to move some items. My phone was ringing non stop. I just don’t have it in me to answer on Saturday and Sunday’s anymore. Monday thru Friday we miss nothing!

I tend to answer every call seven days a week. How ever that’s a personal choice. I have the goal of totally retiring at 55. So it’s part of the master plan. I’ve worked almost every weekend and holiday since I was 14. And I have no one to leave the empire to (lol) so I’m going to spend it all before I get a higher calling!!!

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Two points.
1) If you're starting out, work every phone call for the job. You get to practice, make money and potentially get a good review.
2) If you have plenty of work coming in, then stick to your price. By now you have probably figured out your price point and are confident in your market place position.
I'm blessed to be in scenario #2.
I did a competitive estimate (customer got multiple quotes).
She replied to my estimate saying the prices were all over the place, mine was the highest.
I responded with an explanation of why my quote was the best value and she booked the job.
($1400 tile & grout cleaning/sealing).