Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I get so many inquiries about what’s the best Truckmount and portables. Truckmounts I have down pat. Portables, not so much. In my rug shop I have a Nautilus MXE 500. It has 500 psi, a pump out, auto fill and great vacuum. But no heat. Great for rugs, but for daily use in residential or commercial, not so much. So what I’m asking, what features make the “sweet spot” for all around use?

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
They don't have a sweet spot. They are all lacking in some way. Only so much power per amp, and who wants to find three circuits. But the newest mytee has some great features and likely has the most suck. The escape lite or whatever it's called. Auto dump and fill are the first requirement.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
I was gonna say i wasnt aware there was one lol

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Speed of use, setup and breakdown along with power at the wand is the sweet spot. Portables are made by every manufacturer to be decent all around and are not good for specific types of work. They are like fish and ski boats, they ain't worth a flip for either task!

Power at the wand is where the rubber meets the road. Doesn't matter what is running 200' from the wand with a TM or 50' for a portable, what do you actually have at the carpet interface? I think many will be shocked to see the tiny difference in BTU's between 150° and 200° solution. A high flow portable at 150° will deliver more BTU's to the carpet than a 6 flow TM with 200° at the wand.

Screenshot_20200112-142517_Drive.jpg

The sweet spot is to have equipment that suits your specific needs, doesn't need lots of extra power hungry devices or extra stuff to be setup and be attached every time, and allows you to work worry free and unimpeded without babysitting it. Speed and quality is where the profit is.

Reactions: J20770

J20770

Premium VIP
Jan 14, 2019
Real Name
Jason Dumont
For something off the shelf, Mytee already has it. 3 cords or 4 if using the T-rex is not that big of a deal to me. Unless you get all of the cords tangled up and I'm not discussing that right now, or ever again. :meh: