What’s the future of direct drive Truckmounts?

SRD

Premium VIP
Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Im worried about slide in's

I dont agree with our governor Newson, he is outlawing small engines, no more blowers out outdoor motors including power washers on gas.
This could effect truckmount slide in's
California's emissions rules have already effected truckmounts in past. Alot of manufacturers have discontinued or changed motors on them in the past so they could sell them in California

Reactions: Sir CleanAlot

garya

Apr 7, 2010
ca
Real Name
gary afonin
Business Location
United States
I have a Xdrive there are problems with it it doesnt like heat shuts off a lot we have to leave the hood open every job seems to do better. The worst problem is when you have trouble with it they need to send a computer to the nearest dealer then the dealer and hydramaster have to get to gether to see what the computer says and hydraM does not answer there phones anymore only by email so last December it tooks 4 weeks for them to fix it i was not a happy camper.

Reactions: Sir CleanAlot

Steve G Poulos

Oct 21, 2021
cleanaidinc.com
Real Name
Steve G Poulos
OK, surprise here.
Steve G Poulos reporting.
1-gm/gmc are NOT discontinuing the express/savanna van for a long time.
They are investing many millions on their Wentzville Plant to increase production.
However in 2035 GM intends to be fully electric. Zero emissions, zero accidents!! Direct drives are here, there are always platform changes like the 6.0 being replaced by the 6.6.
Think about this, would you kill off a van that in 2 weeks you have enough orders for the whole year?

What All of you must focus on is there will be NO vans for you In 2022 model year.and a bit into 2023.

Find a NEW van on a lot in any English country...since there are none...look at the used ones selling for more then when they were new.
Add Nissan discontinued their van.
Dodge has closed their order bank for 2022...and Try and order ANY 2022 van.
Drive safe...feel free to call.

Reactions: SRD

Steve G Poulos

Oct 21, 2021
cleanaidinc.com
Real Name
Steve G Poulos
I agree, after having used Hydramaster 4.8CDS, Sapphire 1200 Pro SE direct drives, I'm much more partial to the slide ins.

Not that they are bad machines, but I just cant imagine it's good for the van itself being on all the time.

Yes a slide in takes up more space, but its not a huge amount more.

I also feel like I've had more power out of my slide ins and more heat in most cases.
Surprising, most direct drives require 18 to 20 horsepower from the engine direct drives actually expand coolant in radiator and run cooler in idle mode.
Priced a comparable slide in water cooled replacement engine?
Done a full year maintenance comparison?
You'll end up with
A direct drive since they simply have the best ROI.
And that the end of the day...this is buisness...on the side we clean carpet

Reactions: SRD

gordon qian

Oct 31, 2019
Real Name
gordon qian
Business Location
Canada
Surprising, most direct drives require 18 to 20 horsepower from the engine direct drives actually expand coolant in radiator and run cooler in idle mode.
Priced a comparable slide in water cooled replacement engine?
Done a full year maintenance comparison?
You'll end up with
A direct drive since they simply have the best ROI.
And that the end of the day...this is buisness...on the side we clean carpet

Sir CleanAlot

Sep 28, 2021
Bowie md
www.SirCleanAlot.net
Real Name
Darryl
I have a Xdrive there are problems with it it doesnt like heat shuts off a lot we have to leave the hood open every job seems to do better. The worst problem is when you have trouble with it they need to send a computer to the nearest dealer then the dealer and hydramaster have to get to gether to see what the computer says and hydraM does not answer there phones anymore only by email so last December it tooks 4 weeks for them to fix it i was not a happy camper.

SRD

Premium VIP
Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
@Steve G Poulos so glad your here brother, if yall dont know this guy hes an absolute wealth of knowledge been in the industry for decades prob forgotten more than most of us know we are very lucky to have him here posting.

gordon qian

Oct 31, 2019
Real Name
gordon qian
Business Location
Canada
pto is nicer to use, gets instant heat in the morning, less weight and takes up less space, and less maintenance. But it barely costs lower than a slide-in, and when it does break, it gets really expensive. Here's a pic of cleanco compact 47(direct driven by a chevy express 2500) repair that a friend of mine had a while ago. 2.6k cad/2.1k usd for pto shaft and some belts, yikes! Mind you its performance is only on par with apex 570 31hp (so not a true dual wand), and uses 1.5gph on fuel so aint more fuel efficient than a slide in. I believe there are very good reasons why cleanco moved onto slide-in slx 47 than making a new pto for ford transit.

Attachments

• 209723448_167444632044719_4279783032255962907_n.jpg
    209723448_167444632044719_4279783032255962907_n.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited: