What’s the future of direct drive Truckmounts?

SRD

Premium VIP
Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
I miss the old 7.3l from 90's.

In went a bought this thing 6x12 10k dump View attachment 89239
Its overweight for my 350 with 5.4. But v10 option has a 10k trailer capacity. I can pull it if i keep the weight down for now. Just i will be seeking out a new truck in the future. And want the ability to pull it loaded down.
Nice trailer, i had one similar we built up the sides used to haul a shit ton of weight with that thing used our F550 with a 6.0 powerstroke to pull it, not a huge fan of the 6.0 but its been bullet proofed and deleted runs like a race car lol.

Reactions: keep it clean

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Nice trailer, i had one similar we built up the sides used to haul a shit ton of weight with that thing used our F550 with a 6.0 powerstroke to pull it, not a huge fan of the 6.0 but its been bullet proofed and deleted runs like a race car lol.
Thanks!
I was going to put sides on. But i throw logs over the sides into it. I use it mainly for trash runs and demolition. Not so much for dirt. It does have D rings in there if i want to load a bobcat in it. But i probably will never need that. Then again lol who knows. I was jealous of others pulling up and dumping then rolling out. And here im picking up trash for a second time out of a utility trailer. Not no more i can now push a button too.

But since my job requires a van i want one that can do double duty. It dont have to tow daily obviously as i dont do landscaping or nothing. Just occasional runs to c&d and picking up firewood. Maybe pickup modified and dirt for around the house.

Reactions: SRD

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I agree on the shoe with wheels part for the nissan van lol, not to insult Rob but visually it's true.
Honestly if i bought another van it would be the nv3500. Or a ford cutaway. I dont like the transits or chevy express. Nissan looks odd. But its a better vehicle in my opinion. It does look like a shoe though lol.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I agree on the shoe with wheels part for the nissan van lol, not to insult Rob but visually it's true.
I'm not easily insulted. Actually there is a flipside, customers like myself, love the visually different unit. Visually different is a separating differentiator. This leads to top of mind with clients.

Reactions: gordon qian

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
That's a crazy visual stereo type on the Nissan. I'm glad to hear terrific things about the Nissan vans .
I personally have owned a few Nissan cars and still do and would never buy a another Nissan car. Nissan sometimes makes small repairs the hardest of all .

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Many DD companies are now struggling with the changeover to the new 6.6 GM engine fitment.

SRD

Premium VIP
Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Many DD companies are now struggling with the changeover to the new 6.6 GM engine fitment.
Top that with gm not producing the vans, my commercial guy told me that on top of the chip shortage their limited on 6.6 production and the ones they do get their putting in higher end vehicles with more of a margin higher end trucks, suvs etc.