What’s the best DIY carpet cleaning machine?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Bissell? Hoover? Rug Dr?

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I have no idea which does the best job, but I think they're all fundamentally flawed. I call all of the above carpet cleaning toys. To get enough vacuum, heat, and water pressure to do the job right on all carpet types I doubt it's even possible to build a machine that can be bought new from less than 100. to maybe 500. With weak vacuums, very, very low pressure, and virtually no heat all these machine are good for is a temporary appearance boost which normally last a few weeks or days. In just the past couple years I've cleaned for at least 2 women who had serious residual moisture problems caused by trying to do it themselves. One eventually replaced the carpet. Oh, and lets not forget just how quickly most of the above machines will wind up in the trash pile.

Btw, I just got a good lesson on just how hard it is to clean carpets with very low water pressure. Lets just say it CANNOT be done even with a truck mount!

Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I have no idea which does the best job, but I think they're all fundamentally flawed. I call all of the above carpet cleaning toys. To get enough vacuum, heat, and water pressure to do the job right on all carpet types I doubt it's even possible to build a machine that can be bought new from less than 100. to maybe 500. With weak vacuums, very, very low pressure, and virtually no heat all these machine are good for is a temporary appearance boost which normally last a few weeks or days. In just the past couple years I've cleaned for at least 2 women who had serious residual moisture problems caused by trying to do it themselves. One eventually replaced the carpet. Oh, and lets not forget just how quickly most of the above machines will wind up in the trash pile.

Btw, I just got a good lesson on just how hard it is to clean carpets with very low water pressure. Lets just say it CANNOT be done even with a truck mount!
Good stuff Randy.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
DYI
Done yourself improperly
There's a lot of things that people try to accomplish but it doesn't make them professionals.
the difference with a lot of do-it-yourself products is you can actually buy professional tools to accomplish the tasks A home of a hobbyist can go and get themselves the proper cordless drill and Hammer and hang some shelving just fine by watching a video.
Unfortunately carpet cleaning is a whole different world and involves a lot. To be done properly. Homeowners don't stand a chance when it comes to getting clean rat nasty carpet with play school equipment and chemistry from Walmart

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
I got some blood spots out on this ladies carpet yesterday. She was shocked it took me 20 minutes. I explained to her that using the Resolve on it before I came probably made it 15 minutes longer than it needed to be.

C'est la vie. Used a water claw, some Procyon then Hydrogen Peroxide for the remaining tint of blood.

Reactions: rob allen