bill

Jun 29, 2008
Southern California
freshcleanhome.com
Real Name
Bill Vivers
Business Location
United States
Guys I’m about to sell my complete set up and purchase brand new. I wanted to see your thoughts and honest opinions of what this set up should be priced at?

I have a 2006 Ford E250 with 156,000 miles on it runs perfect and doesn’t leak anything. Ice cold air conditioning.

The power plant we use is the Prochem Apex with 8000 hours on it and also runs perfect, has no leaks and is extremely hot with tons of vacuum.

On the van I have all tile cleaning equipment needed including turbo both mini and full-size, gecko, Saphire scientific upholstery tool, titanium wand, air mover, dri pod, 300 feet of vacuum and solution hose, many duk guards, automatic pump out system, Line X, yard stakes, vacuum, chemical shelf with drawer, buffer, Devastator filter, etc...

Basically this things ready to go for somebody’s additional van or a start up it’s a work hoarse and has been maintained religiously throughout the years.

Thanks for all your help and opinions and you guys have a great work week coming up.

Bill

Reactions: LeeRoy

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
$5,000??!?!?!
SERIOUSLY ??!!

WHat!!??

No WAY, MAN!

not even close!!

the van and equipment is worth so, so much more!!

Id at least consider $30k!!

I know people are going to throw rocks at me for this but I dont care.

Think about it,

the whole set up is ready to go, literally!

the van runs, no leaks, its smooth

the equipment runs and although at 8k hours thats ok as long as its been maintained, 8k only means the machine is a tank!

the rest of the equipment is ready to make a dedicated person at least 90K in the first year, more if he/ she really pushes and over 120K if a establish business buys it.

DO NOT SHORT SELL YOURSELF!, do not sell it to a low baller

Reactions: bill

bill

Jun 29, 2008
Southern California
freshcleanhome.com
Real Name
Bill Vivers
Business Location
United States
$5,000??!?!?!
SERIOUSLY ??!!

WHat!!??

No WAY, MAN!

not even close!!

the van and equipment is worth so, so much more!!

Id at least consider $30k!!

I know people are going to throw rocks at me for this but I dont care.

Think about it,

the whole set up is ready to go, literally!

the van runs, no leaks, its smooth

the equipment runs and although at 8k hours thats ok as long as its been maintained, 8k only means the machine is a tank!

the rest of the equipment is ready to make a dedicated person at least 90K in the first year, more if he/ she really pushes and over 120K if a establish business buys it.

DO NOT SHORT SELL YOURSELF!, do not sell it to a low baller

I always know they’ll be replies like that and that’s fine.
This setup won’t sell for less than $20,000 and I make wayyyyyy more than that a year on it She is a workhorse, it’s a Kabota. She’s clean to I’ll take some pictures tomorrow and load them up it’ll surprise people.

Reactions: LeeRoy

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I wasn't actually offering $5,000, I was saying I doubt it's worth more than that.

Consider this - the other day I almost bought a van for $20,000. It had a ProChem Legend GT in it with only 1,500 hours. Van had 45,000 miles. Asking price was $25,000.

At 8,000 hours - has any of the original parts on the TM been replaced?

At 150,000 miles on the van I don't care how well it is maintained everything has a shelf life. Both van and TM are in the red zone for problems.

For $20-$30,000 I have a good down payment on a new van and mount with a 3-5 year warranty on both. It'd be insane to buy a used set up with that many hours for that kind of money.

Reactions: Fedri and bill

bill

Jun 29, 2008
Southern California
freshcleanhome.com
Real Name
Bill Vivers
Business Location
United States
I wasn't actually offering $5,000, I was saying I doubt it's worth more than that.

Consider this - the other day I almost bought a van for $20,000. It had a ProChem Legend GT in it with only 1,500 hours. Van had 45,000 miles. Asking price was $25,000.

At 8,000 hours - has any of the original parts on the TM been replaced?

At 150,000 miles on the van I don't care how well it is maintained everything has a shelf life. Both van and TM are in the red zone for problems.

For $20-$30,000 I have a good down payment on a new van and mount with a 3-5 year warranty on both. It'd be insane to buy a used set up with that many hours for that kind of money.

You’re lucky you didn’t the legend GT is a POS Kohler motors

And the water pump has been replaced on the Apex

bill

Jun 29, 2008
Southern California
freshcleanhome.com
Real Name
Bill Vivers
Business Location
United States
An old van with high miles and an old machine with high hours. Hmmmmmm. Let’s see.......$5000-$6000 if everything is working. The new owner gets to start paying for the repairs and upkeep from this point on.

Not if things have been taken care of properly this vans ready to drive across the country and the truck mount will run for many many years more. Set up like mine would cost at least $65,000-$70,000 if one was to buy brand new apples to apples

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
I would say 7500-10K......no more. and only cause you have tools with it.

Thats a lot of miles on a Ford van. A LOT.............. ITs on borrowed time especially after dragging around a TM and water tank its whole life.

Sorry Bill. You asked for the truth.

I am not in the market for a van so this is an unbiased opinion.

Reactions: bill

bill

Jun 29, 2008
Southern California
freshcleanhome.com
Real Name
Bill Vivers
Business Location
United States
I would say 7500-10K......no more. and only cause you have tools with it.

Thats a lot of miles on a Ford van. A LOT.............. ITs on borrowed time especially after dragging around a TM and water tank its whole life.

Sorry Bill. You asked for the truth.

I am not in the market for a van so this is an unbiased opinion.

I will tell you I’m at my first job and the tranny shifts perfectly she blows no smoke leaks no fluids and everything is tight.
It all depends on how one takes care of their equipment and vehicle. All the usual stuff has been replaced like water pump, alternator, things like that.

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
I will tell you I’m at my first job and the tranny shifts perfectly she blows no smoke leaks no fluids and everything is tight.
It all depends on how one takes care of their equipment and vehicle. All the usual stuff has been replaced like water pump, alternator, things like that.
If it had 100K on it that stuff would matter.

Who knows.

Just remember the guy who buys your van is probably gonna be a newbie. Sure wait long enough and you will find an over zealous fella who will waaay over pay for your equipment. Then the problems will start as equipment as used as yours is will have problems. It has nothing to do with how you cared for them They are reaching the end of their life.

Then those small repairs will sink the new guy who overpaid as they have nothing left for repairs. You have been on this board as long as me. You have seen this story play out hundreds of times.

On the real.

Kelly blue book says your van in Very good condition is worth between $1,226 and $2,267.

Then you have your machine. $3-4000 tops including all tanks reels and hoses.......

and then the tools.

Do NOT be that guy that rips off some poor fella simply trying to start his own dream.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fedri, bill and SRD

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
$8-10k. Sorry not worth anywhere near 30 or 20 even. 8000 is a lot of hours, machines value is very low. Van with 150k that has been used commercially hauling heavy loads daily is also a lot.

If it's well maintained and working great for you just keep it, right now is not a good time to sell equipment.

Sorry just honest opinion, van is 14 years old and personally I would never buy a TM with 8000hrs on it

Keep it as a back up, buy a new set up.

Or throw a fresh vinyl wrap on it, kick ass and make some $ with it.

bill

Jun 29, 2008
Southern California
freshcleanhome.com
Real Name
Bill Vivers
Business Location
United States
If it had 100K on it that stuff would matter.

Who knows.

Just remember the guy who buys your van is probably gonna be a newbie. Sure wait long enough and you will find an over zealous fella who will waaay over pay for your equipment. Then the problems will start as equipment as used as yours is will have problems. It has nothing to do with how you cared for them They are reaching the end of their life.

Then those small repairs will sink the new guy who overpaid as they have nothing left for repairs. You have been on this board as long as me. You have seen this story play out hundreds of times.

On the real.

Kelly blue book says your van in Very good condition is worth between $1,226 and $2,267.

Then you have your machine. $3-4000 tops including all tanks reels and hoses.......

and then the tools.

Do NOT be that guy that rips off some poor fella simply trying to start his own dream.

You’re right I’ve been around a long time 26 years in the industry and while I appreciate your thoughts I’m not that guy and this whole set up will run for at least two years and that would be the van maybe transmission go out at some point of course.
The truck mount itself has a long time ago and it literally has every tool one we need.
Forgot to mention Hydro sensor, TMF UV light, hydro force sprayer, medium water claw, too much to list really.

Whoever gets this weather it’s a start up or in an established company that needs an extra van it’s going to be totally stoked for at least a few years, totally worth the money.

I added some pictures while I’m at a job site and I haven’t detailed the van or anything but she’s a work horse all the way around.

Thanks for your thoughts and replies

IMG_5748.JPG
IMG_5749.JPG
IMG_5750.JPG

Reactions: Fedri and LeeRoy

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
I sold a 2007 chev 1 ton extended with an Apex last year for 18,500 but it included a Water Pond, Chem Rack, Water Softener and Pumpout. Thing was that it looked like new. It sold within 45 days

One thing Id have to point out is that if you havent changed out your heat exchangers, they are about at the time they will need to be switched and they aint cheap.

pics below

So I would have to say maybe $10-12K would be reasonable.
IMG_2545.jpg
IMG_2546.jpg
00q0q_6vAgTj3RPxf_1200x900.jpg