What’s happening on these joints? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

What’s happening on these joints?

Spraybuff54

Jun 24, 2016
Real Name
Bruce Staley
This floor gets burnished 2x month, stripped 1x yr & scrubbed / recoat 1x yr. it’s very old and has lots of dirty traffic. These areas go away after stripping but come back and they appear to go away when mopping but it’s only temporary

Attachments

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
Next time you totally strip this floor wait till it’s totally dry get yourself a dominator stripping pad ( that’s the next grade heavier than black) and “buff” the floor nice and slow. You’ll notice a fine white power come off that’s okay. After your finished give it your three rinses and then apply your finish. You’ll never have the marks again.

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
Next time you totally strip this floor wait till it’s totally dry get yourself a dominator stripping pad ( that’s the next grade heavier than black) and “buff” the floor nice and slow. You’ll notice a fine white power come off that’s okay. After your finished give it your three rinses and then apply your finish. You’ll never have the marks again.
Before you go start creating this fine white powder mentioned in the post above, make sure the tile is not asbestos containing. If someone has leftover tile sitting in a warehouse somewhere and it is asbestos containing, then it is not illegal to sell it and install it. So, though most 12x12 tiles do not have asbestos, you would want to make sure because creating a fine white powder is exactly what you don't want to do if it is asbestos containing. Asbestos containing tile was installed in buildings up into the 1990's so you have to be careful.

Also, be careful that your runoff water from your pressure washing does not get in storm drains, roadways, waterways, etc. To do so is illegal and can result in fines from the EPA. There may also be local codes against it as well.

A car lot that I once worked at was threatened with $10,000 per day fines for allowing the runoff from rinsing cars to get in the roadway. They can also run a hazmat drill at your expense if there are any chemicals used in the cleaning process or if the runoff MAY have picked up contaminants along the way and hazmat cleanup can get expensive in a hurry!

Reactions: CCWorks

Spraybuff54

Jun 24, 2016
Real Name
Bruce Staley
Wow !! Thanks I would never thought of that but I’ll try it. Supposed to strip on the 20th

Spraybuff54

Jun 24, 2016
Real Name
Bruce Staley
Before you go start creating this fine white powder mentioned in the post above, make sure the tile is not asbestos containing. If someone has leftover tile sitting in a warehouse somewhere and it is asbestos containing, then it is not illegal to sell it and install it. So, though most 12x12 tiles do not have asbestos, you would want to make sure because creating a fine white powder is exactly what you don't want to do if it is asbestos containing. Asbestos containing tile was installed in buildings up into the 1990's so you have to be careful.

Also, be careful that your runoff water from your pressure washing does not get in storm drains, roadways, waterways, etc. To do so is illegal and can result in fines from the EPA. There may also be local codes against it as well.

A car lot that I once worked at was threatened with $10,000 per day fines for allowing the runoff from rinsing cars to get in the roadway. They can also run a hazmat drill at your expense if there are any chemicals used in the cleaning process or if the runoff MAY have picked up contaminants along the way and hazmat cleanup can get expensive in a hurry!
Thanks but it’s not asbestos. I had a local tile company look at this floor a year ago to match some tile we needed replacing because they were busted

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
Ya that asbestos advice is a little over the top. I’d have mentioned it if the tile was 9 x 9. You’d have more concern with crack filling lath and plaster than these tile. I personally haven’t seen asbestos tile now in well over 15 years. And I do probably more stripping than most people as that’s been my business specialty for near 30 years. I guess it’s good to know about it. As far as the “run off” goes where to hell is there going to be run off from stripping floors? What are you planing to squeegee it out the freaking door? Wow, shanking my head

Spraybuff54

Jun 24, 2016
Real Name
Bruce Staley
Ya that asbestos advice is a little over the top. I’d have mentioned it if the tile was 9 x 9. You’d have more concern with crack filling lath and plaster than these tile. I personally haven’t seen asbestos tile now in well over 15 years. And I do probably more stripping than most people as that’s been my business specialty for near 30 years. I guess it’s good to know about it. As far as the “run off” goes where to hell is there going to be run off from stripping floors? What are you planing to squeegee it out the freaking door? Wow, shanking my head
Lol I thought that’s what we bought squeegee vacs for