What’s good description for severe odor removal?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I don’t like property managers asking me what machines and chems I use for severe odor removal. I don’t want to say Ozone, dry vapor, thermal or wet fog. I know they are trying to do it themselves or shop my company. Anyone have a term or phrase they like to use instead? Something that encompasses everything without revealing everything if that makes sense.

Reactions: TLC CARPET CLEANING

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I called it Hydroxyl Oxidization Regeneration.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Smell bomb:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: actually had a manager that used to tell us to do a smell bomb lol

Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Smell bomb:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: actually had a manager that used to tell us to do a smell bomb lol
I actually kind of like that haha easier to say for sure

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
I call heavily soiled, or pet odor and stains, Restoration Cleaning. It's simple and easy to understand. I did a rental today used Bio Pro 10k and Unchained. It had pet stains and pet odor and a lot of pet hair that my CRB pulled out. I put on the invoice Restoration Cleaning.

Last edited:

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
For severe odor removal ''Restoration Cleaning'' probably isn't strong enough.

Rick J

Jan 12, 2010
Ohio
Real Name
rick jones
Business Location
United States
Rob, regarding your "Unchained" (since it was mentioned) how stable is it. I know storage conditions will affect it , but generally?

I had been meaning to ask anyway at the store.

DrummerTW

Mar 10, 2019
Real Name
Thomas Webb
We use 9D9 or Last Resort. Very similar products as far as odor removal. We use one or the other on every human body decomposition job we do as well as animal carcass odors. I dont think anything on the planets better. Last Resorts called last resort for a reason. 9D9 is also amazing for our smoke/fire restoration jobs too. We call this corrective cleaning. Hope this helps.

DrummerTW

Mar 10, 2019
Real Name
Thomas Webb
We tell our customers were going to do an ultra fine mist fumigation which will attack and remove airborne and odor causing bacteria on a molecular level...and they kind of leave us alone at that point to do our job

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
How about "odor remediation services"? Basically, it means to remedy the cause of the odor by any means necessary!

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I always explain everything, but all in educational scientific and chemistry terms. They tend to appreciate my education and admire the wisdom, in which they just let me deal with it.

If you use simple "English" then they dont value you.