Well... I finally did it!

Spooney

Jun 17, 2015
Real Name
Benn Heath
After 4 years of years of running buckets and portables on hot tap water I have finally purchased my first truckmount. It's a great feeling. I feel as though I've earned it and somewhat had no choice in the matter in the end. My body couldn't take it anymore as the business and work load continues to grow. I'm proud to be part of this industry and hope I will be a part of it for many years to come.

So in the end I bought and make no apologies for buying the Hydramaster Boxxer 318. Compared to what I've been using for the last 4 years the Boxxer 318 is a beast and will make my life easier without ripping into too much coin. (Truckmounts ARE 50 to 60 times more expensive here in Australia don't you know? ;) Anyway, I have been practicing with it this weekend and will have my first job with it tomorrow. Big job too..

I still love my 2 portable machines, I have kept them in very good condition. I won't be selling either of them. I'll keep one in the van for high rises and keep the other one for back up.

I'll attach photos of the TM. There is not much room in the van anymore. Have had to simplify my van set up. I'll figure it out. Anyway, it's nice to be part of a carpet cleaning forum. We are enthusiasts. Have learned a lot here.

Cheers boys, have a good week!

20180804_144817[1].jpg
20180804_145818[1].jpg

20180731_091503[1].jpg

Spooney

Jun 17, 2015
Real Name
Benn Heath
Thanks guys.

The TM got a good workout on the first day. So much upholstery... It was was without doubt the largest job I'd ever done without a helper. I left as the sun was going down.

But, so good to have 70 gallon waste tank. So good to have heat without worrying about popping fuses. So good to have suction and to not worry about foam build up in the hoses. So good to have amazing performance at longer hose runs. So good to have heat whilst using the Hydroforce sprayer. And... so good not to have to fill buckets of hot water and pour them into the machine every 10 minutes. It's amazing.

Today I had 3 easy little jobs to do. I think the TM takes a third off the time already and I'm not even used to setting it up and tearing it down yet. I did not feel rushed today. I now have the time to do the job even better than before. I have more time to talk with the customer. I have defiantly noticed an improvement in cleaning. It cleans very well.

I think if a TM salesman handed me the keys to a van with a TM and said - (here take this rig for a week and get back to me) I'd be buying a TM the next week.

Anyway, I have 2 jobs on Friday with the portable and I'm looking forward to it - though the price for portable work just went up this week ;)

Cheers fellas.