welcome to square foot pricing | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

welcome to square foot pricing

Rory henderson

Sep 22, 2015
Real Name
Rory henderson
last job of the day I charged $0.35 a square foot.I usually charge 100 first 2 & hallway & 35 each additional area. Today's job normally would have been $205.00 but square foot pricing it was $327.75 ....guess it's safe to say hello square foot pricing!

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
last job of the day I charged $0.35 a square foot.I usually charge 100 first 2 & hallway & 35 each additional area. Today's job normally would have been $205.00 but square foot pricing it was $327.75 ....guess it's safe to say hello square foot pricing!
Nice I have been considering trying sf pricing for awhile now but really don't want to be driving all over to give prices. Would love to hear how others work around it.

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
Nice I have been considering trying sf pricing for awhile now but really don't want to be driving all over to give prices. Would love to hear how others work around it.
You can just decide how much sqft you consider a single room, ex. 200sqft..@.35 = $70 per room .. if it's a small room maybe just 50 if it's pretty big 100 but around 70 should be good if u want to charge .35/sqft...

I use to do sqft but it slows u down measuring everything and on the phone clients don't know how many sqft they have they just know how many rooms..

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
I always ask, describe to me how many rooms you have, stairs hallways any rooms you think are larger than normal...that sets the stage for higher pricing

Reactions: 1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
Every time I think about sf pricing for carpet cleaning I see how many estimates I've given for tile and grout which we do charge sf pricing that don't schedule.
Square foot pricing for commercial is a must, but not for residential, just keep charging your so much per room price. Love those huge master bedrooms they run $100-$150.

Reactions: keep it clean

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Every time I think about sf pricing for carpet cleaning I see how many estimates I've given for tile and grout which we do charge sf pricing that don't schedule.
Agree with you on that. It applies to hardwood floors as well. No matter how good salesmen you are, custy will grinch over $2500-$3000 price tag, especially when they already spent a about $1000 on carpet, upholstery and tile&grout. I like to compensate these days on power washing jobs ( move-ins, move - outs).To some it's important to prepare house on the outside to increase market value. I did 2 houses recently, which sold within 2 weeks being on market. Could've been a coincidence, but didn't hurt to have a nice patios, sidewalks and driveways.

Attachments

Reactions: 1ST CHOICE CLEANING

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
Agree with you on that. It applies to hardwood floors as well. No matter how good salesmen you are, custy will grinch over $2500-$3000 price tag, especially when they already spent a about $1000 on carpet, upholstery and tile&grout. I like to compensate these days on power washing jobs ( move-ins, move - outs).To some it's important to prepare house on the outside to increase market value. I did 2 houses recently, which sold within 2 weeks being on market. Could've been a coincidence, but didn't hurt to have a nice patios, sidewalks and driveways.
Did u do that driveway with a wand? No surface cleaner?

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
nice job! My Titan has the HP option and really never thought of concrete cleaning but now you got me thinkin.......

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Looks great! What kind of pressure do you use for a job like that?

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
Looks great! What kind of pressure do you use for a job like that?
Not sure what he's using but if u want to be efficient with no headaches youre gonna want 3000-4000psi, and 4-8gpm...with a surface cleaner instead of a wand... chlorine mix .. in and out quick and easy

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
If you offer p/w then buy a pressure washer.
Your cost per hour (total cost including machine replacement) to run your TM for pressure washing makes it impractical.
Agreed ...there is so much cross over in tools/machines between carpet cleaning, pressure washing, car detailing & window washing...the ultimate machine/van setup would take advantage of that.. slightly different seasons for all of those as well which makes it pretty advantageous

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Did u do that driveway with a wand? No surface cleaner?
I used a 1/2 gal of driveway cleaner from HD on patio, 2 sidewalks and driveway and yes, a lot of wanding. Husqvarna 3300psi, locked trigger, white tip. Weather was on my side. 4 days of heavy rain helped to soften sediments accumulated in period of 20 years . Surprisingly, I've used only 1.5 gallons of fuel.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
As someone mentioned earlier I wouldn't want to exhaust my TM for pressure washing. If you have enough gpm, there is a way to use your pressure washer to work with a surface cleaner. I've never owned pressure washer with 4000-5000 psi, I'd say this is right pressure for 15"-18" surface cleaner. Still, wand is needed for flagstone, benches, steps, sides and other miscellaneous items. I've done a few decks and I had to be very careful to achieve uninformed look. Pressure washing of sidewalks, etc.
in residential setting is very relaxing( slow process), but relaxing, the dumpster areas, spent oil containers
( restaurants are pain in the neck) because I don't have a right equipment. Customers trying to sell house quicker by making outdoor areas presentable are willing to pay premium money for your services and it's money well spent . The quicker they get to close, quicker they can move on with their lives
( divorce, death in the family)For you , young carpet cleaners out there wondering about pricing structure, amount can go easily over 5K for a day of work.( very hard and honest) with an extra effort ( better with a degree in psychology or similar fields, no joke) In summary, $700-$800 investment can be a very good one ....
Opinions are varying on sampling among TMF members. I don't do samples on any surface . It's a same risky move like presenting your political views in customer's house. You can't be really sure about the outcome.