Wedding ring danger

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Smtwn janitorial, May 25, 2017.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. Smtwn janitorial

Smtwn janitorial Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +431 / 0 / -0
    This is not carpet cleaning related, but interesting. I was on the phone while disconnecting my battery on my travel trailer earlier. I arced my crescent wrench through my ring to the opposite battery post. Pretty knarly burn. Had to run to the dogs water bowl to get the ring cooled down enough to get it off. I've disconnected hundreds of batteries. I weld frequently, so it wasn't ignorance. Just distraction. Titanium ring.

Attached Files:

2. Todd the Cleaner

Todd the Cleaner Todd Cottino
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Premium VIP

Sep 4, 2011
    Male
    Owner / Operator
    Pahrump, Nevada, United States
    Ratings:
    +25,410 / 58 / -0
    Ouch!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Robert86

Robert86 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2016
    Male
    Missoula, MT
    Ratings:
    +972 / 1 / -0
    Its why I don't wear mine day to day. I put it on for special occasions and then its off when I get home. I got a gnarly jolt while checking water levels in 6v scrubber batteries a few years ago.

• Like Like x 2
  4. MikeGaure

Premium VIP

Nov 23, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +5,121 / 19 / -0
    I've always worked on motors never wore a watch never wear rings either

Reminds me of my automotive teacher energizing small capacitors and chucking them at kids.

I know someone who did that with their watch and also got burned when they arced it.

I was helping a friend with his battery once and his wife said just tap the terminal..I told her no if you get a loose post you can cause a spark. Well I just barely turned the terminal and post was bad it literally blew up in my face, sounded like a shotgun blast

• Like Like x 2
  5. Common janitor

Common janitor Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2014
    Male
    Ratings:
    +3,384 / 10 / -0
    image.jpeg Time and place . I wouldn't have my " little finger " today were it missing from my " ring finger " the night it got slammed between two mold halves of a glass forming machine .
    Saved that finger from being cut off . I had severe burns from the 800 degree molds but it saved my finger and hand !! Best $40 I ever spent at K Mart !! Yep , I'm that old !!
    Lucky enough to still be married to the lady who put it on that finger over 40 years ago too .
    Sometimes ......... It's better to be " lucky " than GOOD !!
    All the Best , Ed

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Smtwn janitorial

Smtwn janitorial Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +431 / 0 / -0
    Permanent ring scar now... IMG_20170527_113407713.jpg

7. Grn Steamer

Grn Steamer Active Member

Dec 5, 2014
    Male
    Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    yowsers! I'm left handed so my ring finger is always closer to the action...for the above reason I haven't worn one in years. That looks painful!

• Like Like x 1
  8. smart n kleen

Premium VIP

Mar 12, 2010
    oregon
    Ratings:
    +4,815 / 37 / -0
    IMG_0286.JPG IMG_0285.JPG IMG_0284.JPG I wear these. Very comfortable

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Mrs.SpeedySteamer Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Apr 26, 2012
    Female
    Business Branding
    Somewhere over the Rainbow
    Ratings:
    +4,076 / 4 / -0
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. tracybaker

tracybaker New Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This is painful and please try to wear it occasionally.

11. Ken Raddon

Ken Raddon Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Male
    Owner/Operator
    UT
    Ratings:
    +1,396 / 8 / -0
    I don't wear one either. Oh wait I'm not married so disregard that first sentence.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Mama Fen

Mama Fen Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Female
    Supply/distribution
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +2,490 / 0 / -0
    I'm recently divorced and still adapting to NOT wearing one. Maybe I ought to pick up welding as a hobby now...

13. SSmall66

SSmall66 Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Male
    Frederick County, MD
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I work as a Career Firefighter, and many of us do NOT wear our metal wedding rings. We wear a ring by a company called QALO. They have many styles. So whats my point, the bands are rubber and won't conduct electric and if snagged will tear. The one thing I like is the fact that I can show my commitment to my wife and not increase my chances of an injury. www.qalo.com

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Sierra Clean Care

Sierra Clean Care Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +1,094 / 6 / -0
    My older brother who had a friend. His wife to be had an engagement ring on. I live in Canada, so it gets cold. Anywho, she pulled her car into a car wash in the winter. The big overhead door had a chain. As she was letting it down, it wasn't counterweighted, and she went to grab the chain to slow the door from slamming down. Well, the ring got caught, AND IT DEGLOVED HER FINGER..... yeah, not so fun...... I don't wear jewelry because of this.....