Wedding ring danger | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Wedding ring danger

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
This is not carpet cleaning related, but interesting. I was on the phone while disconnecting my battery on my travel trailer earlier. I arced my crescent wrench through my ring to the opposite battery post. Pretty knarly burn. Had to run to the dogs water bowl to get the ring cooled down enough to get it off. I've disconnected hundreds of batteries. I weld frequently, so it wasn't ignorance. Just distraction. Titanium ring.

Attachments

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
I've always worked on motors never wore a watch never wear rings either

Reminds me of my automotive teacher energizing small capacitors and chucking them at kids.

I know someone who did that with their watch and also got burned when they arced it.

I was helping a friend with his battery once and his wife said just tap the terminal..I told her no if you get a loose post you can cause a spark. Well I just barely turned the terminal and post was bad it literally blew up in my face, sounded like a shotgun blast

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
image.jpeg
Time and place . I wouldn't have my " little finger " today were it missing from my " ring finger " the night it got slammed between two mold halves of a glass forming machine .
Saved that finger from being cut off . I had severe burns from the 800 degree molds but it saved my finger and hand !! Best $40 I ever spent at K Mart !! Yep , I'm that old !!
Lucky enough to still be married to the lady who put it on that finger over 40 years ago too .
Sometimes ......... It's better to be " lucky " than GOOD !!
All the Best , Ed

Grn Steamer

Dec 5, 2014
Real Name
Matt R
yowsers! I'm left handed so my ring finger is always closer to the action...for the above reason I haven't worn one in years. That looks painful!

Reactions: Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Ken Raddon

Jul 22, 2010
UT
Real Name
Ken Raddon
Business Location
United States
I don't wear one either. Oh wait I'm not married so disregard that first sentence.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
I'm recently divorced and still adapting to NOT wearing one. Maybe I ought to pick up welding as a hobby now...

SSmall66

Nov 2, 2012
Frederick County, MD
Real Name
Steven Small
Business Location
United States
I work as a Career Firefighter, and many of us do NOT wear our metal wedding rings. We wear a ring by a company called QALO. They have many styles. So whats my point, the bands are rubber and won't conduct electric and if snagged will tear. The one thing I like is the fact that I can show my commitment to my wife and not increase my chances of an injury. www.qalo.com

Sierra Clean Care

Feb 22, 2015
Real Name
Jeff T.
My older brother who had a friend. His wife to be had an engagement ring on. I live in Canada, so it gets cold. Anywho, she pulled her car into a car wash in the winter. The big overhead door had a chain. As she was letting it down, it wasn't counterweighted, and she went to grab the chain to slow the door from slamming down. Well, the ring got caught, AND IT DEGLOVED HER FINGER..... yeah, not so fun...... I don't wear jewelry because of this.....

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
I work as a Career Firefighter, and many of us do NOT wear our metal wedding rings. We wear a ring by a company called QALO. They have many styles. So whats my point, the bands are rubber and won't conduct electric and if snagged will tear. The one thing I like is the fact that I can show my commitment to my wife and not increase my chances of an injury. www.qalo.com
Thank you for the link! I am ordering two... Pearl white for me and the black for my husband...

Reactions: SSmall66

Jake L. Schuster

Aug 30, 2018
Real Name
Jake L. Schuster
Thank you for the information.