Web ap to manage customers?

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
These large accounts are nice for the wallet, but managing them is rocky. There's always supposed to be 1 person in charge, but in my experience there ends up being several with 1 having a bigger ego than the next.

So is there anything I can run on my site where a customer and their staff can check to see if they have any building issues, or see when the last time we buffed their floors was?

Ideally it would email them when I post something about their account so they know when to check.

Would be awesome if they could leave feed back too.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Cleaning Concierge

Jul 13, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Real Name
Barrett Wiley
Business Location
United States
Use Dropbox or similar app. Create a shared folder for that account, add their email addresses so they can access the filder. Then add photos, account notes/job tickets.

Once you upload it, it will inform them about the updates.

That's how we do it. Easiest way without buy some major software.

Last edited:

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Guess i dont understand what you are trying to do.
Make a monthly project/detail schedule up and share link from dropbox like barrett said.

Can start a closed facebook group too but that would be asking for trouble ~

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Thanks for the Dropbox idea guys. I really want something more professional looking to also be used as a marketing tool.

Basically on the bigger accounts the maintence guy is in charge, but all to often managers get in on the action too.

So if they could log in and see there various buildings broken down to something like this:

Reported 5 broken pole lights.
Reported issue with alarm.
Recommended building x replace chair pads - excessive floor wear happening.
Etc.

Then anyone could log in and see that and not send me 10 emails.

Later I could show them visually their supply usage for toilet paper, soap, etc.

Want to also add a feedback system. Rate our dusting, mopping, whatever.

Give them something tangible to see.

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
I have shared iCloud photo albums for every commercial client of mine but that's not necessarily what you are trying to do.

Not really :)

I would like to share pics though. Just want to do it on my site which would also let me track them and expose them to services they might not know we offer.

Keith Kool Shannon

Dec 9, 2011
WA
Real Name
Keith Shannon
Business Location
United States
Thanks for the Dropbox idea guys. I really want something more professional looking to also be used as a marketing tool.

Basically on the bigger accounts the maintence guy is in charge, but all to often managers get in on the action too.

So if they could log in and see there various buildings broken down to something like this:

Reported 5 broken pole lights.
Reported issue with alarm.
Recommended building x replace chair pads - excessive floor wear happening.
Etc.

Then anyone could log in and see that and not send me 10 emails.

Later I could show them visually their supply usage for toilet paper, soap, etc.

Want to also add a feedback system. Rate our dusting, mopping, whatever.

Give them something tangible to see.
HouseCallPro has an option like you want. Scheduled email reminders to clients. Also some great marketing tools.

TimM

Sep 9, 2007
Ogden Utah
Real Name
Tim
Business Location
United States
I would think you would have to go with something like what Shane recommended. There may be some software that you could add to your site to do that but might run into a lot of money.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
I would think you would have to go with something like what Shane recommended. There may be some software that you could add to your site to do that but might run into a lot of money.

Yes Tim, we were talking about work order management not field service.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Reactions: Jose Holguin

Steve Toburen

Strategies for Success
Jul 15, 2008
Santiago, Dominican Republic
www.StrategiesForSuccess.com
Real Name
Steve Toburen
Business Location
Dominican Republic
Use Dropbox or similar app. Create a shared folder for that account, add their email addresses so they can access the filder. Then add photos, account notes/job tickets.

Once you upload it, it will inform them about the updates.

That's how we do it. Easiest way without buy some major software.
This is what we recommend at SFS. And not just for facility managers. Adjusters LOVE shared information via Dropbox.

Steve

PS I even did a QuickTIP on the online "Shared Folder" concept HERE. Heck, Mike, you can give each major tenant or insured you work for their very own "Shared Folder" in Dropbox! This way they contact you direct instead of bugging the PM/ adjuster which is EXACTLY what you want!

Reactions: Mike Krall

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
They gotta have something, hell I think my WP template has a widget for this.

I looked, looked and looked some more. It seems like with anything it's all cookie cutter. You want customer pay a programmer :D

Though I did learn with WP some people just combine a bunch of aps to make it do what you want.

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
I looked, looked and looked some more. It seems like with anything it's all cookie cutter. You want customer pay a programmer :D

Though I did learn with WP some people just combine a bunch of aps to make it do what you want.

lol pay him! Jk

Yeah those are the plugins, you have to pay for some but they're usually pretty cheap.

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
lol pay him! Jk

Yeah those are the plugins, you have to pay for some but they're usually pretty cheap.

I don't have a problem with that, I'm just not on the right page with him...yet. I sent out a new request with just the basic need that way my communication skills won't F anything up :D

Yes, all of the plugins I saw were paid. Again, not a problem, the only thing that worries me is I load in all my content and 2 years from now they stop supporting the plugin and I'm out in the cold.

Reactions: Jose Holguin

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
I don't have a problem with that, I'm just not on the right page with him...yet. I sent out a new request with just the basic need that way my communication skills won't F anything up :D

Yes, all of the plugins I saw were paid. Again, not a problem, the only thing that worries me is I load in all my content and 2 years from now they stop supporting the plugin and I'm out in the cold.

I always make sketches of what I want on my word processor, no other way to get what you want really.

And yeah maybe but it is what it is, gotta do what you got to do, can't make decisions based on what will happen two years from now.

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
I always make sketches of what I want on my word processor, no other way to get what you want really.

And yeah maybe but it is what it is, gotta do what you got to do, can't make decisions based on what will happen two years from now.

Yup you're right. Pretty smart for a young guy ;)

I actually sent him the exact table I wanted done up in word. Some how that grew into a 6 legged work order.

I just contacted him again and said lets start over with just the basic building block. Leave out log ins and the other 4 legs.