72.6 KB · Views: 15

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Anyone have any ideas on keeping the vacuum hose from freezing up while doing water extraction?
Lol insulation. Probably about it. If warm air can reach your truck from the house you should he good. Maybe just a blanket over your exposed hose outdoors to the van. Anything else would a pain to set up. In extreme they have heated blankets for concrete. I think just some cheap wool blankets from harbor fake will do. Wool also insulates even when wet.

SRD

Premium VIP
Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Lol insulation. Probably about it. If warm air can reach your truck from the house you should he good. Maybe just a blanket over your exposed hose outdoors to the van. Anything else would a pain to set up. In extreme they have heated blankets for concrete. I think just some cheap wool blankets from harbor fake will do. Wool also insulates even when wet.

Ya but brother that could be 100 to 300 foot of blankets x 6 trucks, this shit sucks man only had this happen once before a couple years ago when an ice storm hit,

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Yeah that sucks lol. Downside is hot water freezes faster too.
You have that many feet outside running to the house? I know some jobs you can end up pretty far from the house. Shame they dont make an insulating hose that goes over vac hose. But that can still be on a reel. Nothing that i have ever seen anyway.

Sucking up defoamer works on foam maybe sucking up antifreeze will de-ice it :D

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
I can clean at -10 with van door drape and customer door drapes no problem. Never had an issue. Main thing is to get hot water through the lines quick. Even did a water damage job years ago with a pumpout at -25 at a church on a water leak that wasnt discovered for hours, so it was a huge job. Hoses never froze and pumpout worked great.

I think the real questions is why do you clean carpet at -30? Your willing to risk your equipment for a couple of bucks?

yesterday and today it was -35 soI took the last two days off. Customers appreciated it.

SRD

Premium VIP
Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
I can clean at -10 with van door drape and customer door drapes no problem. Never had an issue. Main thing is to get hot water through the lines quick. Even did a water damage job years ago with a pumpout at -25 at a church on a water leak that wasnt discovered for hours, so it was a huge job. Hoses never froze and pumpout worked great.

I think the real questions is why do you clean carpet at -30? Your willing to risk your equipment for a couple of bucks?

yesterday and today it was -35 soI took the last two days off. Customers appreciated it.

Hell no, put all our cleans off, these are all water damages

Reactions: mrotto

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
It’s 15° here which is ridiculously low for Va Beach. The good news it will be 50-60 end next week. Not sure how you northern super cold weather guys survive.

SRD

Premium VIP
Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
As of right now vac hoses not freezing up but i know as soon as the sun goes down shits gonna start again. My guys have had 4 hours of sleep if that in the 2 days, im burning on no sleep. For the love of god these pipes busting just need to cut it the fu ck out