Ways to promote your business for free!!!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

B14

Aug 26, 2014
Real Name
None
Are you wearing your uniform when you're out handing out business cards? Presentation is every thing. Just like you changed your business cards up think about your appearance. If have a female friend or wife I recommend asking her to do it instead. I received better sales than my husband when we approached people. Even was invited into a couple of houses when I was doing door to door.

Great work so far though... Way to get out there and get noticed...

Good Luck~
Tiffany
You've tried this method too?

B14

Aug 26, 2014
Real Name
None
No appointments booked yet. Still working the process. I changed up handing out business cards and had some nice double sided coupons printed. Hopefully that will get things moving along.
Damn...how many cards have you handout by now you think?

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
Hi Tiffany, Of course I am in uniform. Fresh polo nice shorts clean shaved and all. Wouldn't think of doing it any other way.
You should take that same practice and apply it to door to door sales on both residential and commercial clients. Check your local soliciting laws before heading out. Do knock and talks, not just passing out flyers to closed doors. Those rarely worked. We did one summer 500 door fliers and only received six calls and two booked appointments. It is hard to do at first, knocking on someone's personal space, but you do what you have to. I know Shane had a post a few years ago about calling commercial establishments on Mondays and just going down the list. I think it was Shane, will have to look for that post.

I will look for my post regarding going door to door...

You've tried this method too?
Yes, I did it at Costco because they are a very small business-friendly establishment. They allow you to leave your business cards inside as well in their business section. Just have to ask.

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
Almost forgot... Make sure you're handing out your business cards at every opportunity.... Getting an oil change, hand out business cards.... Out to dinner with your family hand out business cards... You want to get people searching for you online... You want to get people talking about you... You want to get people calling you...

B14

Aug 26, 2014
Real Name
None
Almost forgot... Make sure you're handing out your business cards at every opportunity.... Getting an oil change, hand out business cards.... Out to dinner with your family hand out business cards... You want to get people searching for you online... You want to get people talking about you... You want to get people calling you...
I could definitely do that. I love talking lol
How successful would you say it is roughly? Like out of 1000 cards for example?

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
I could definitely do that. I love talking lol
How successful would you say it is roughly? Like out of 1000 cards for example?
You are a numbers guy/girl aren't you? I can tell you I did better booking appointments when I handed out business cards to the managers rather than the workers. I did best in an office setting and didn't do well in restaurants with rat nasty carpet. I was too busy being disgusted. I can't give you a number though because handing out cards became second nature. I did keep track of how people were referred to us, but those are in my old files and I am not digging those out to count people. You're just going to have to do it yourself or not do it...