Ways to promote your business for free!!!

Discussion in 'Starting Your Business' started by JerseyRock12, Mar 26, 2016.

1. jasdavis09

jasdavis09 Member

Oct 5, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Hi Tiffany, Of course I am in uniform. Fresh polo nice shorts clean shaved and all. Wouldn't think of doing it any other way.

• Like Like x 1
  2. B14

B14 Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Ratings:
    +20 / 1 / -0
    You've tried this method too?

3. B14

B14 Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Ratings:
    +20 / 1 / -0
    Damn...how many cards have you handout by now you think?

4. jasdavis09

jasdavis09 Member

Oct 5, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    300-500

5. Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Mrs.SpeedySteamer Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Apr 26, 2012
    Female
    Business Branding
    Somewhere over the Rainbow
    Ratings:
    +4,042 / 4 / -0
    You should take that same practice and apply it to door to door sales on both residential and commercial clients. Check your local soliciting laws before heading out. Do knock and talks, not just passing out flyers to closed doors. Those rarely worked. We did one summer 500 door fliers and only received six calls and two booked appointments. It is hard to do at first, knocking on someone's personal space, but you do what you have to. I know Shane had a post a few years ago about calling commercial establishments on Mondays and just going down the list. I think it was Shane, will have to look for that post.

I will look for my post regarding going door to door...

Yes, I did it at Costco because they are a very small business-friendly establishment. They allow you to leave your business cards inside as well in their business section. Just have to ask.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Staff Member Moderator

Apr 26, 2012
    Female
    Business Branding
    Ratings:
    +4,042 / 4 / -0
    Almost forgot... Make sure you're handing out your business cards at every opportunity.... Getting an oil change, hand out business cards.... Out to dinner with your family hand out business cards... You want to get people searching for you online... You want to get people talking about you... You want to get people calling you...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. B14

B14 Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Ratings:
    +20 / 1 / -0
    I could definitely do that. I love talking lol
    How successful would you say it is roughly? Like out of 1000 cards for example?

8. Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Staff Member Moderator

Apr 26, 2012
    Female
    Business Branding
    Ratings:
    +4,042 / 4 / -0
    You are a numbers guy/girl aren't you? I can tell you I did better booking appointments when I handed out business cards to the managers rather than the workers. I did best in an office setting and didn't do well in restaurants with rat nasty carpet. I was too busy being disgusted. I can't give you a number though because handing out cards became second nature. I did keep track of how people were referred to us, but those are in my old files and I am not digging those out to count people. You're just going to have to do it yourself or not do it...