Ways to increase job ticket averages for 2021... | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Ways to increase job ticket averages for 2021...

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
....here we are concentrating on clear sealer for all surfaces and color seal for grout. You?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Adding a bunch of unnecessary Service Charges. Wastewater disposal Fee. Environmental Fee. Credit card Fee. Libtard Fee.

• Haha
Reactions: U. S. Vet. and SRD

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Adding a bunch of unnecessary Service Charges. Wastewater disposal Fee. Environmental Fee. Credit card Fee. Libtard Fee.

You had me till libtard fee, then you relay got me.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Well in all seriousness. Probably not much different this year.

Odor Destroyer
Scotchgard
Upholstery
Tile & Grout

All the usual suspects. Probably the biggest thing is I won't give discounts like I tend to do.

Reactions: rob allen and SRD

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I don't charge for waste water disposal. I just video myself doing it in the customer's drive way and put it on youtube to show them my "chocolate milk". That makes a real "wow" moment for advertising and customer relations you know. Just kidding of course. I've been seeing this a lot and some of these guys don't know just what can happen to them if the wrong person gets wind of it. Word to the wise, don't follow their example! If you've done it delete the video and NEVER, EVER do it again or you just might not have to worry about your business this year!

Last edited:
Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

Jimbo Williams

May 11, 2009
NC
precisionsteamcleaning.com
Real Name
Jim Williams
Business Location
United States
BTW-I really need to get my average up. I have never done any upselling in 16 years but I really need to at least start asking if they want protector "reapplied". I only use about 2 gallons a year and most of that is because a decorator gets me to protect everything she places.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
BTW-I really need to get my average up. I have never done any upselling in 16 years but I really need to at least start asking if they want protector "reapplied". I only use about 2 gallons a year and most of that is because a decorator gets me to protect everything she places.

Yeah - no joke you are missing some serious $.

If you charge $45 a room. Charge $20 per room to do a Pet Urine Treatment and/or just call it a Deodorizer Treatment but make it clear to the customer it is truly helpful in sanitizing the carpets.

Charge $20 per room for Scotchgard. People usually have the mindset (hey since you're here why not).

If they buy both, combine it into a $30 package (best value deal!)

Now you're getting $75 a room.

Massive profit increase.

Reactions: Jimbo Williams

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
When I worked for someone @unscrupulous • I made 3-4 x more on upsell than salery sometimes. Burned a lot of clients • he kept getting more & more w add • he made over 360-k the second year I worked w him • up from @60K. Learned that sales can get out of hand. and clients become a paycheck.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
When I worked for someone @unscrupulous • I made 3-4 x more on upsell than salery sometimes. Burned a lot of clients • he kept getting more & more w add • he made over 360-k the second year I worked w him • up from @60K. Learned that sales can get out of hand. and clients become a paycheck.

Very true, at same time I believe in increasing the value of the service.

I want long term clients who pay me what I am worth AND get the best value.

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
Very true, at same time I believe in increasing the value of the service.

I want long term clients who pay me what I am worth AND get the best value.
At that time ( had 7 - IICRC certifications ), my paycheck was more than most OO’s were making. When I caught the owner stealing my commission
( for the second time ), I quit.

• • • three days later he puts an add in the papers for a salesman • not an experienced CC

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
Certainly now, the Client’s Experience from start to finish is • effortless • as ACP wisely suggested.

If there are sales occurring • it’s because the client has suggested it.

If there is a perception of a sales transaction • the Method needs tuning • imho.

Sales must occur • wisely.

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
Pistol Pete gave a great example of how he manages customer behavior with his T & G pricing strategy. I use a similar structure for T&G pricing.

Reactions: PistolPete

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
We're firing off an all inclusive room price to see how it will work.

We do everything, customer does nothing.
I'd be interested to know how well that works.