Wax on ceramic tile

Bob the floor guy

Jan 6, 2014
saint marys, pa
Real Name
robert perlick
Another case of someone thinking it’s the best thing to do!
a997098516f926382f185f0366af0f18.jpg

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Another case of someone thinking it’s the best thing to do!
a997098516f926382f185f0366af0f18.jpg
Well you're in for some fun

First thing you need to do is get yourself some insanely strong stripper
Flood the floor with it what and let it sit and work
First go over it with floormachine with a brush
Then you have to use a grout brush on every single crack that has finished in it
Then if it's within your ability I like to use a spinner to rinse the floor it seems to help get the teeny tiny pieces of wax out
Bid insanely high it's a pain in the butt

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Company that has been cleaning my dads offices for the last 6 years has waxed all the ceramic tile in the building, which is mostly going up the stairs. Waste of money.

Strong strippers like Bonesaw work really well for this stuff. It isn't supposed to be used with hot water though. Make sure you check that before mixing stripper with hot water. Some strippers do better with cold water.

Reactions: Ymetimme

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Company that has been cleaning my dads offices for the last 6 years has waxed all the ceramic tile in the building, which is mostly going up the stairs. Waste of money.

Strong strippers like Bonesaw work really well for this stuff. It isn't supposed to be used with hot water though. Make sure you check that before mixing stripper with hot water. Some strippers do better with cold water.
That is true like Buckeye products most of their strippers recommend Coldwater

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
The strippers I use all say cold or Luke warm.
I understand and I don't want to tell people to not do what the manufacturer say but from my experience bumping up the temperature makes the wax peel off the floor much easier

Also keep in mind the hotter the water the lower the dwell time it can dry out that is the reason most manufacturers recommend cooler water

Another thing is that you're working with an unintended situation you know one recommends putting finish on top of ceramic tile
so you're going to have to go outside the box and just get nasty with it
Like for example mixing one to one with stupid hot water
I'm not saying it's right I'm just saying it might be what you have to do to accomplish the task

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States

Yes, because hot water, when it starts to cool, will re-solidify the wax, so they say. Cold water is the way to go with VCT strippers.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Yes, because hot water, when it starts to cool, will re-solidify the wax, so they say. Cold water is the way to go with VCT strippers.
Frankly when you're stripping a lot of floor it doesn't get to sit long enough for that to take place we used to strip and put down five coats wax in a Walgreen 5 hours

And no we did not have propane stripping equipment we used automatic floor scrubbers
it is much easier just to reapply it and strep reception over again rather than analyze it

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
Frankly when you're stripping a lot of floor it doesn't get to sit long enough for that to take place we used to strip and put down five coats wax in a Walgreen 5 hours

And no we did not have propane stripping equipment we used automatic floor scrubbers
it is much easier just to reapply it and strep reception over again rather than analyze it
So, very little dwell time on strip? Makes sense then to use hot water.