Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
1 gallon of water is roughly 10 pounds

thats about 1000 lbs of weight!!

that's super hard on your suspension, fuel economy and brakes. Id hate to get in a wreck or roll over

Last edited:

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
If the van handles fine with a full waste tank you won't really be "adding" any weight as long as you don't fill while the waste tank is full. I would also suggest a 50 or 75 gallon water tank instead of the 100. If you've done this well with no tank, adding a smaller than average one should still give you some added benefits. Everyone else is correct where you're pushing the limits of your van but if you're already doing it with success then that's your choice.

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
I had a 3500 with the hydracradle reel tank plus another 100 gallon wheel well tank. Honestly one of my favorite setups because I pretty much never ran out of water. And if I did it was time to go home for the day.

Bob Savage

Mar 6, 2007
Dayton, OH
www.perfection-carpet.com
Real Name
Bob Savage
Business Location
United States
and dont even think about beefing up the suspension. It doesnt work well
I added extra leaf springs to my Astro van several years ago because of carrying extra weight and had a much better ride and no problems with anything suspension related. I also added an onboard RV water softener.

pgcleaner

Nov 4, 2020
Real Name
Matthew Olive
On another note, I tried Flex/Ice combo today for the first time. I see what the hype is about now. That stuff really is nuclear.

The picture is no dwell time, no agitation. Just for an experiment.

Attachments

• image000000_01.jpg
    image000000_01.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 25

james n

Mar 14, 2009
United States
Real Name
james niwinski
Business Location
United States
I have a related question about van size. I have an opportunity to buy a 2500 gmc savana it’s max payload is 3200 I believe I’ve only had a 1 ton express with a prochem apex 100 gal waste and fresh water 6.0L it’s been great. I can’t find a 3500. I’m thinking of getting the new Apex 570 with same setup 100 gal fresh and waste tanks. Would a 2500 be enough van for that setup ? I think the apex is 1000lbs ?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I have a related question about van size. I have an opportunity to buy a 2500 gmc savana it’s max payload is 3200 I believe I’ve only had a 1 ton express with a prochem apex 100 gal waste and fresh water 6.0L it’s been great. I can’t find a 3500. I’m thinking of getting the new Apex 570 with same setup 100 gal fresh and waste tanks. Would a 2500 be enough van for that setup ? I think the apex is 1000lbs ?
I have both my Apex 570s and water tanks in Ford Transit 250s. 3 years in no problems so far.

Reactions: james n

CAsoloCleaner

May 27, 2022
Real Name
Nikko S
I always carried 200 gallons of soft water because half the places around here have shit for water.
Can you explain that more? Shit for water as in available spigots are hard to find or the water itself is low quality in some way? I have very hard water here that I clean with but I've never had an issue other than battling with some hard water spots anywhere inside the van that gets wet a lot. What benefits are you noticing?

Is it just one of those $30 inline hose filters you can get at Walmart in the RV section?

Kevin Dumas

Aug 31, 2008
Binghamton, NY
Real Name
Kevin Dumas
Can you explain that more? Shit for water as in available spigots are hard to find or the water itself is low quality in some way? I have very hard water here that I clean with but I've never had an issue other than battling with some hard water spots anywhere inside the van that gets wet a lot. What benefits are you noticing?

Is it just one of those $30 inline hose filters you can get at Walmart in the RV section?
Both shit for water (very hard and rural well sites where I have ended up with tons of sediment in my inline filters and system) and availability plus I know exactly what I am cleaning with every day.