Water temp issue, Preformer 405 | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Water temp issue, Preformer 405

Wheaties

Nov 8, 2019
Real Name
Jason Oakley
Hey all,

New to the forum. Although I've browsed it for info for awhile now.

I have two trucks and run Performer 405's in both of them. One of the trucks is having a water temp issue. Issue being, it won't heat the water over 200°. So far I've replaced a number of parts. I'm not just throwing parts at it. Just parts that haven't been replaced in quite awhile.

Replaced:
-air pump(was weak)
-temp gauge
-temp sensor(solution manifold)
-180° temp sensor(water box)
-micro switch

I also descaled the machine and still won't heat over 200°. It is set in heat exchanger mode and not long ago I replaced the switch for muffler/heat exchanger.

I was thinking the temp selonoid behind the manual temp relief valve might be the problem. But when I turn the micro switch below 200°, it engages.

Any thoughts? Could the manual bypass not be closing all the way?

Other than this problem. The machine runs great and no complaints.

Thanks in advance

mrg.mrg.

Oct 15, 2014
Real Name
zamir mejia
That's the same set up I got. I was about to tell you about the bypass too. Might be leaking water back to waste tank...You'd to run it, let it get hot, take cover off tank and see.

Wheaties

Nov 8, 2019
Real Name
Jason Oakley
I ran it for about 20 min tonight, because that's how long it took to reach about 215°. Which is the highest temp in the last few attempts.
What you saying is to get to to as hot as it'll get, back the throttle off so the vacuum will be less and then I should be able to take the lid off the waste tank? I know at full throttle that's nearly impossible. Lol

The other thing I've read is regarding taking the heat exchanger radiators out and cleaning them. I assume this means cleaning the exterior of them? Or flushing them for debris as well?

My dad starting the company over 40yrs ago, I own it for going on 2yrs. Been cleaning for 17yrs myself. Neither one of us has had a machine act like this. The machine used to heat up from cold to 230° in less than 10min. Now it takes 10min to hit 150°.

Wheaties

Nov 8, 2019
Real Name
Jason Oakley
I did notice tonight that the temp gauge and the micro switch dial read about 10° different. The turn the dial down til it engages the selonoid and see the water pressure drop 40psi, the dial said 200°, but the gauge said 180-185°. Nit sure if that part is relevant since I at least confirmed that the selonoid is working correctly. I'm guessing the manual bypass is letting water by. New bypass or is there a rebuild kit?

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
My Bruin performer I could look inside the vacuum port and see water running into the waste tank if the needle valve/ manual by pass was worn out .

Wheaties

Nov 8, 2019
Real Name
Jason Oakley
Ok, I still have to check the tank to see if it's bypassing water through the manual valve. But I did warm it up to 215° from cold a little bit ago. This time I didn't hook water up direct from a faucet. I used my water tanks. In the 25min it ran, my water tanks only dropped roughly 2". So makes me skeptic on being the manual bypass. But I guess it wouldn't need to be allowing a ton of water by in order to slow the heating down.