Water softeners...a hidden danger? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Water softeners...a hidden danger?

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
i think I wrote in a different thread, I am a JERF'er
I Just Eat Real Food
Just about to tuck into some Bison tongue that i cooked at the weekend, on ground almond flour "bread" and butter, with a side of avacado.

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
How about all the sweet water in plastic bottles, like GMO Coke and Grader Aid? I also stay away from that stuff too.
What do you eat? Seriously though. I don't understand how you can trust any food source from anywhere. A label can say "100% Natural Non-GMO" and its in reality 100% genetically modified and pesticide treated. So where do you get your food and beverage from? How do you know its actually healthy for you. I am not trying to be confrontational with you. I am being serious and I am angry that everything is "bad for you." What the hell can I eat? That is why I just gave up trying to figure out a healthy diet. I'd sooner die of the stress from trying to eat healthy than from eating the deadly food.

Reactions: aloha one

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
Doesnt need to be stressful, we just do the best we can.
I no longer buy food from the Sub shops or burger places and have eaten in a Mcd's just three times in my life.
I eat fresh fruit, meat, fish and vegetables most of the time bought by my wife from Walmart.
Then we also have local organic bison and beef producers and we buy from them. That just started recently as we are able to spend more on these "luxury" items.
I am still not sure if the food that can be bought from the Hutterite colonies we have here can be trusted. Certainly its fresh, but I am not sure the chickens (which are massive) are free of hormones.
To go back to my original reason for this thread, I am currently boiling another pan of water to see how much salt residue is left.

Reactions: aloha one

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
and know one said it was easy, you just have to change mindset and decide its what you want to do, Then do it and just like with business, figure out how and what, best works for you.

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
To go back to my original reason for this thread, I am currently boiling another pan of water to see how much salt residue is left.
I forgot to take a pic. But there was 12.5 grams of what can only be described as "crud" in the pan from just 2 cups of water. Tasted very bitter so i am assuming mostly lime scale, with very little salt.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
what am i supposed to drink? I have to pack food and drink for a 12 hour day either in the warehouse or driving.
I reuse glass containers to drink water on the road, after I fill it with tap water from a filter system at home.
I use quart milk bottle and half gallon water bottles made of glass. I buy stuff that is in glass if I have the choice, and do not buy food if it is in plastic except them waxed or plastic lined paper milk 1/2 gallon organic milk containers. I also buy plastic condiments like organic ketchup.

So much plastic in use it hard to buy stuff in glass, most liquid food I get in glass.

You can search for glass drink bottles if you want to look in style in stead of a Hill Bliley drinking from a Mason Jar :) . The very heavy glass bottles will work best as you can bump them hard and they will not crack or break that easily.
Search Glass Drinking Bottles.
https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4RVEB_enUS612&q=portable glass drinking water&gws_rd=ssl#q=portable glass drinking water&tbm=shop

In sweet drinks its either can or glass and it has to be cain sugar, when a label reads Sugar, it is most likely beet sugar and that is 90% chance GMO Sugar. Most products now have GMO sugars dew to the bad rep HFCS has now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bexiesbruv

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
what am i supposed to drink? I have to pack food and drink for a 12 hour day either in the warehouse or driving.
You can even use wine bottles with screw caps. Buy the wine bottle that has the best shape and durability for your environment.
Refill with filleted water after washing it out at home.

I also reuse most 1 gallon glass containers to store water, It has to be changed about every two years.

The smaller 1/2 gallon glass jug is for on the road.

Last edited:
Reactions: Omar

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
A lot of my online searing shows me to a lot of old data on chemicals in plastic water and food containers.
This from BREST CANCER FUND. and other data and better testing methods that are not funded by the big corporations that use a low cost way to package food and water.
http://www.breastcancerfund.org/clear-science/environmental-breast-cancer-links/plastics/

Plastic is everywhere—it's used in consumer products and packaging of all kinds. And while it solves a lot of problems for manufacturers and can seem convenient to consumers, there are also serious risks to human health and the environment from its widespread use.

Three plastics have been shown to leach toxic chemicals when heated, worn or put under pressure: polycarbonate, which leaches bisphenol A; polystyrene, which leaches styrene; and PVC, or polyvinyl chloride, which break down into vinyl chloride and sometimes contains phthalates that can leach.
And for more specific information about these and other chemicals found in plastics, including what they do and why they're bad for you, look below.

Bisphenol A (BPA) is one of the most pervasive chemicals in modern life. It's a building block of polycarbonate (#7 is often polycarbonate) plastic and is used in thousands of consumer products, including food packaging. BPA exposure may disrupt normal breast development in ways that predispose women for later life breast cancer.

Phthalates are a group of endocrine-disrupting chemicals found in PVC or #3 plastic. Phthalate exposure has been linked to early puberty in girls, a risk factor for later-life breast cancer. Some phthalates also act as weak estrogens in cell culture systems.

Vinyl chloride is formed in the manufacture of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or #3 plastic. It was one of the first chemicals designated as a known human carcinogen by the National Toxicology Program (NTP) and the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC). It has also been linked to increased mortality from breast cancer among workers involved in its manufacture.

Dioxin is formed in the manufacture of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or #3 plastic. Dioxin has been classified by the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as a known human carcinogen, and is also an endocrine disruptor.

Styrene can leach from polystyrene or #6 plastic and is found in Styrofoam food trays, egg cartons, disposable cups and bowls, carryout containers and opaque plastic cutlery. It has been classified by the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) as a possible human carcinogen.

Last edited by a moderator:

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
You can even use wine bottles with screw caps. Buy the wine bottle that has the best shape and durability for your environment.
Refill with filleted water after washing it out at home.

I also reuse most 1 gallon glass containers to store water, It has to be changed about every two years.

The smaller 1/2 gallon glass jug is for on the road.

Is that yer White LIGHTENING Stash CC?