Water softener structure help | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Water softener structure help

chicagoside

Jun 22, 2016
Real Name
Ikram
I just bought this set up and has water softener and also chemical jug that auto feed the chemical. Im not really familia with both options.
My main question is, how to fill up fresh water tank using water softener. There are couples hoses running from water softener and its confusing the heck out of me nor i want to try doing anything on my own. I will attach some pictures.
And how do i by pass auto feeding chemical? Would i be able to do it home without needing special tools or should i leave it as it is and use it?
Please any input is highly appreciated.
Thanks
Adjustments.JPG
Adjustments.JPG
IMG_7201.JPG

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
Everything looks connected to something. Is there a free end of a water hose anywhere?

Reactions: chicagoside

chicagoside

Jun 22, 2016
Real Name
Ikram
Everything looks connected to something. Is there a free end of a water hose anywhere?

The middle blue that comes out of softener is free, and the white short hose with female connector thar is tied with softener is also free. These two gets me confuse. Which one is used for filling up.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I'm not sure why it has three hoses, but essentially when facing the water softener, the right side is your inlet where you feed water into the softener, and the left side is your outlet which either feeds into the fresh water tank or the truck mount.

Heres a pic of my set up

Attachments

• 20190703_131618.jpg
    20190703_131618.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 137

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Looks to me like the middle hose is your drain hose for when you recharge the water softener.

If you hook up a garden hose to your softener and turn the timer on, does water drain out of that middle hose?

chicagoside

Jun 22, 2016
Real Name
Ikram
Looks to me like the middle hose is your drain hose for when you recharge the water softener.

If you hook up a garden hose to your softener and turn the timer on, does water drain out of that middle hose?

The hose connected to truck mount directly, comes from water softener, theres another hose that comes from softener and feed into pump to water tank. And theres one hose wrapped around it just like you have one around your softener(not connected to anything), and theres another one it just laying in there and not connected to anything.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
One of your hoses hooks up to a garden hose to feed water into it. My set up is a bit different because mine feeds into a 100 gallon tank through the water softener. So it should be fairly obvious how to set it up?

chicagoside

Jun 22, 2016
Real Name
Ikram
One of your hoses hooks up to a garden hose to feed water into it. My set up is a bit different because mine feeds into a 100 gallon tank through the water softener. So it should be fairly obvious how to set it up?

I will do that, also need to recharge the softener.

Iris Thomas

Sep 22, 2020
Real Name
Iris Thomas
I used AFWFilters to replace the resin in my softener which was well past its maximum life span. After installing and running a regeneration the water is back to the way it was when I bought this house. It did have a slight flavor at first but this went away over the course a day or so. I would buy this again.