Water residue???

Maninpc

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Real Name
dave carella
Business Location
United States
So I've been noticing lately im getting a slight residue or halo in some areas that are cleaned and now I got my first complaint about it! usually it will buff out with a towel. Time to take a serious look into the issue. At first i just thought it was just some hard water residue... BUT,
I suspect my good old Blazer Plus heat exchange my have a small crack in it. I do see water starting to spew hear and there out of the exhaust.
Also I've been using Newline Hi-Test(works well for me never had any issues with it before) and rinsing with Sager's deep blue. The newline is applied at 4:1 and Rinse is at 2 GPH.
I'm not sure if its chemical or user error.. been doing this for about 15 years now..so
Any thoughts? LOL I know its time for a new beast.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
So I've been noticing lately im getting a slight residue or halo in some areas that are cleaned and now I got my first complaint about it! usually it will buff out with a towel. Time to take a serious look into the issue. At first i just thought it was just some hard water residue... BUT,
I suspect my good old Blazer Plus heat exchange my have a small crack in it. I do see water starting to spew hear and there out of the exhaust.
Also I've been using Newline Hi-Test(works well for me never had any issues with it before) and rinsing with Sager's deep blue. The newline is applied at 4:1 and Rinse is at 2 GPH.
I'm not sure if its chemical or user error.. been doing this for about 15 years now..so
Any thoughts? LOL I know its time for a new beast.
Fill some buckets from your machine and see if your getting any funny rust or black in the water.

Could be a hose you have is breaking down or like others said your just not rinsing enough.

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
I clean a lot of tile and grout and hardly ever have problems but there is one Lexus dealership that always looks like it has a haze. On that job I have to rinse with acid every time or it looks bad.
Kinda sounds like that white powder you get from concrete as it dries. You have to acid rinse it to make it stop.

Reactions: Steam It.

Steam It.

Aug 24, 2008
New Braunfels
Real Name
Don Heto
Kinda sounds like that white powder you get from concrete as it dries. You have to acid rinse it to make it stop.
Efflorescence I think is what you are talking about. This haze I get at the Lexus store could be that or kinda think it is there water because it is from a well. Not sure but a little acid and it looks great.