water pressure

john P.

Jun 13, 2020
Real Name
John Paepke
Why won't my water pump keep up with the water used from the water box. it seems to really fill the water box slow? about every 10 minutes I have to go to the truck and and wait for the water box to fill before getting water pressure back up. it really get's annoying. I did have a pressure tank installed last year hoping this would solve the issue, but it hasn't. pump is fairly new also.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Why won't my water pump keep up with the water used from the water box. it seems to really fill the water box slow? about every 10 minutes I have to go to the truck and and wait for the water box to fill before getting water pressure back up. it really get's annoying. I did have a pressure tank installed last year hoping this would solve the issue, but it hasn't. pump is fairly new also.
Do you have an inline fresh water filter? Is the float opening all the way?

john P.

Jun 13, 2020
Real Name
John Paepke
this is a Saffire Scientific SS570 no filter just a sight glass w/screen, and all is clean.
it the float in the water box? I'm not sure where that is? I do notice the hose from the pump to the fresh water tank the last repair man put on collapses about 1/2 when the pump turns On. could that be an issue?

Kevin Dumas

Aug 31, 2008
Binghamton, NY
Real Name
Kevin Dumas
this is a Saffire Scientific SS570 no filter just a sight glass w/screen, and all is clean.
it the float in the water box? I'm not sure where that is? I do notice the hose from the pump to the fresh water tank the last repair man put on collapses about 1/2 when the pump turns On. could that be an issue?
If your hose is collapsing it is starving the pump. Also look for a filter in the fresh water tank at the end of that hose.

Dizzle Dazzle

Sep 24, 2019
Real Name
Konrad Bilinski
Business Location
Canada
Hey John, I have the same issue on the SS570. Start by checking all the electrical connections on the pump. My hose reel is set up on such a way that sometimes the connectors will unlock and the lose reel lands on the pump. It loosened some of the electrical wiring.

that being said I still have this issue. I’m kind of relived I’m not alone in the this. If I find a solution I’ll post it.

Reactions: john P.

Dizzle Dazzle

Sep 24, 2019
Real Name
Konrad Bilinski
Business Location
Canada
Hey Justin, thanks for the response.
I have about 320 hours on my machine and this issue comes up fairly regularly on some large jobs but not all, it’s most common when doing tiles. I had it serviced quite a few times for this but the problem is that the loss of pressure is hard to replicate while at the local service place so I don’t think they can identify the root cause. Sometimes the machine works fine for 10,20 hours and sometimes the pressure stops randomly and doesn’t come back after 30 minutes of use.

Will adjusting the water inlet pressure do anything in this situation?

Justin Legend Brands

Expert Truckmount Mechanic
May 7, 2018
Real Name
Justin Johnston
Hey Justin, thanks for the response.
I have about 320 hours on my machine and this issue comes up fairly regularly on some large jobs but not all, it’s most common when doing tiles. I had it serviced quite a few times for this but the problem is that the loss of pressure is hard to replicate while at the local service place so I don’t think they can identify the root cause. Sometimes the machine works fine for 10,20 hours and sometimes the pressure stops randomly and doesn’t come back after 30 minutes of use.

Will adjusting the water inlet pressure do anything in this situation?
Are you using on board water, or are you using customer water?

john P.

Jun 13, 2020
Real Name
John Paepke
Found my problem! I guess my on board water holding tank DID have a filter , I removed it and it was full of sand, and therefore consticting the water going to the pump. any tips how to get it back in place at the bottom of the tank? my arm surely is too short to reach that far down.
thanks guys for all you help, you've saved me lots of grief:)

Reactions: Dizzle Dazzle

john P.

Jun 13, 2020
Real Name
John Paepke
Found my problem! I guess my on board water holding tank DID have a filter , I removed it and it was full of sand, and therefore consticting the water going to the pump. any tips how to get it back in place at the bottom of the tank? my arm surely is too short to reach that far down.
thanks guys for all you help, you've saved me lots of grief

Kevin Dumas

Aug 31, 2008
Binghamton, NY
Real Name
Kevin Dumas
You could install a external inline filter in the hose before the pump. One that is accessible and cleanable.

Something like this.

john P.

Jun 13, 2020
Real Name
John Paepke
yes, it is:) new update: found a repair man who found the water box float arm bent and only working 1 out of 5 times. he straightened the float arm , and cleaned the float up, and after doing several large jobs since, I've not had any further troubles with this. yeah!!!