Water Pressure and Heat Issues - Understanding Flow

Discussion in 'Ask Our Repairmen' started by Kevin Lietz, Aug 8, 2017.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. Jim Martin

Jim Martin Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Tucson Arizona
    Ratings:
    +869 / 3 / -0
    if he has the one like in the picture I put above it can be used for either one...but you have to remove the check valve for it to unload.....

2. seagrtj

seagrtj Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Male
    MO
    Ratings:
    +821 / 4 / -0
    Actually removing the check valve will make it a regulator not an unloader, I believe

3. Jim Martin

Jun 5, 2008
    Tucson Arizona
    Ratings:
    +869 / 3 / -0
    #23 Jim Martin, Aug 13, 2017 at 1:02 PM
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017 at 1:09 PM
    there are 2 set ups for the regulator/unloader..pressure and flow...almost all machines are set up as flow...flow will automatically unload with out the check valve in it and pressure will need the check valve to divert the water to unload it..so machines are set up as flow..because 99% of the ones that use the one I pictured will not work with the check valve inside them.....the flow relies on the orifice ( in which I believe the check valve seats itself ) and a channel to back pressure the system when the trigger is not being pressed..and this diverts the water to the bypass...

something like that anyway...

4. seagrtj

seagrtj Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Male
    MO
    Ratings:
    +821 / 4 / -0
    Yes you just explained the difference between an unloader and a regulator

5. Jim Martin

Jun 5, 2008
    Tucson Arizona
    Ratings:
    +869 / 3 / -0
    pretty sure I explained the difference between unloading with and without a check valve... and why...but when I get in I will see if I have the book mark about them.. regardless..with or with out the check valve..its always going to unload and always regulate....its all in the set up and if you need or you don't need the check valve...I will double check when I get in....

6. Kevin Lietz

Kevin Lietz Active Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Male
    Revolution Floor Care
    Ogden, UT
    Ratings:
    +150 / 1 / -0
    No it was an unloader. I know that for sure. Replacement for an unloader