WATER EXTRACTION ONLY. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

WATER EXTRACTION ONLY.

Discussion in 'Water Damage, Fire & Mold Restoration' started by Jose Rodriguez, Aug 22, 2017.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. Jose Rodriguez

Jose Rodriguez Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Male
    Ratings:
    +947 / 1 / -0
    Hello everyone, I do not do water damage, however I have a few water damage companies that call me to extract water with my truck mount in big water damage jobs because they don't have truck mounts only portables, I got called to do a job for a Macy's and I was there with one of my employees from 8pm Saturday to 4am Sunday extracting water, moving clothing racks and other clothing furniture side to side to extract water from underneath, however we did not block anything or use fans because the company that hiered us was going to do all that, we were just extracting water, how much can I charge for that?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. brianedwards25

brianedwards25 Active Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Male
    Carpet and window O/O
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +202 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like whatever you want to me lol. I really don't know but sounds like they need you. However I have been known to lower my prices when I know someone will offer me future work.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Scott W

Scott W Preferred Vendor
    Premium VIP

Feb 14, 2006
    Technical support Bridgepoint
    West Jordan, UT
    Ratings:
    +10,328 / 11 / -1
    This type of work can be priced by the hour or by the gallon of water removed. Prices for various cities in Xactimate. There will also be a charge of "manipulation" by the hour for the manual labor of moving clothing racks and such.

Since this work is subcontracted to you, expect to split the normal fee with the company that sent you the work. They did the marketing, paper work, and such to bring that work in. They deserve their share, which will be about 50%.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Jose Rodriguez

May 28, 2012
    Male
    Ratings:
    +947 / 1 / -0
    Thank you Scott and Brian, what I am looking for is to have an idea of how much per hour I can possibly charge, I have done jobs for them before and I just want to compare what I have charged them to see I am kind of on the right spot.

5. Robert86

Robert86 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2016
    Male
    Missoula, MT
    Ratings:
    +1,071 / 1 / -0
    I did some water extraction last spring and charged $100 per hour. That included moving things. This was purely water extraction, not restoration. They either did it themselves after I removed all the water or hired another company to do it.

6. Joe cool

Joe cool Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +1,606 / 15 / -0
    $100 a hr. Min.

7. Allied

Allied Life is good!
    Premium VIP

Jun 18, 2013
    Male
    CC Biz Owner
    GA
    Ratings:
    +2,900 / 11 / -0
    I would bill the resto company at $150 an hour. I do small extraction job at a set rate. Did one last week 1.5 hrs...left fans overnight.

$249.99

[​IMG]

8. CleanSteps LLC

CleanSteps LLC Active Member

Jan 15, 2014
    Male
    Ratings:
    +179 / 0 / -0
    If I'm only called to mitigate and I'm not reaping the rewards of dehumidification the hourly would be $150hr or better. Remember mitigation is 80% of drying compared to 20% dehumidification. So technically your doing more than they are.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Scott W

Scott W Preferred Vendor
    Premium VIP

Feb 14, 2006
    Technical support Bridgepoint
    West Jordan, UT
    Ratings:
    +10,328 / 11 / -1
    The restoration company will be billing insurance for somewhere between $100 and $150 per hour. They need to make something from the deal and the time they have invested to market and book the job. If not, they have no motivation to keep giving you work in the future. They could even decide to get their own equipment.

Whatever you charge, be sure the restoration company is agreeable to the price.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Jose Rodriguez

May 28, 2012
    Male
    Ratings:
    +947 / 1 / -0
    Hello guys finally time to type, it was a busy day. Thank you all for your replies, this really helps to compare my price per hour for jobs of that nature, I appreciate all who took the time to type some words in to this thread.

11. johnp94

Premium VIP

May 11, 2010
    Male
    Self employed carpet cleaner
    San Diego
    Ratings:
    +753 / 7 / -0
    ive only done one extraction, I haven't been through the different rates companies will pay. Good point by Scott that companies did the advertising and paper work. But by showing up to extract, Dropping the companies name, securing the job for them, start mitigation, your time, wear and tear on your truck and equipment, I say charge the exactimate rate for extraction. Will you get that I don't know but you definitely deserve it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Gregg Sargent

Gregg Sargent New Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Male
    Water Damage and Restoration Expert
    San Diego, California
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I put this together for my lead technicians to do self pay estimates on site. These rates are for the Denver Colorado area.

If you would like the excel document so you can just make some changes just let me know.

Hope this helps

Attached Files:

13. SRD

SRD Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2010
    Male
    carpet cleaner/restoration
    midwest
    Ratings:
    +1,448 / 2 / -0
    No way I'd be out extracting for that long moving racks during those hours for less that 150 to 200 per hour. Granted it' their job and what not but they will make money off their airmovers and dehumidifier which will be way more than extraction at 150 to 200 an hour

14. M4sT3R T3CH

M4sT3R T3CH Active Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Carpet Tech
    Topeka
    Ratings:
    +160 / 3 / -0
    $100/man hr. 2 guys = 200 per hour.