Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
Cgd. Roof leaked. Fixed now. Musty smell. What's your process, chem wise?

Do I use browning? Acid rinse?

ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1445385848.503496.jpg

ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1445385872.894204.jpg

ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1445385908.694033.jpg

ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1445385921.020141.jpg

ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1445385935.327555.jpg

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
Two part job.
Anti mildew treatment and dehumidification. Might need a few squids in the wall cavities.
After dry out is complete, then clean the carpet as normal using a low ph as yer final rinse.
Browning should come up.
Clients often think that just cleaning it will correct the issue.
The last thing you want in a water damage is to add more water and the carpet is small potatoes next to drying the structure

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
Two part job.
Anti mildew treatment and dehumidification. Might need a few squids in the wall cavities.
After dry out is complete, then clean the carpet as normal using a low ph as yer final rinse.
Browning should come up.
The last thing you want in a water damage is to add more water and the carpet is small potatoes next to drying the structure
Place is dry. Been dry for months. Maybe a year. Skip squids and do the rest of your process.

Mildew smell is from space is not used, closed up, barely have heat and ac on. Me thinks.

Gasoline

Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
Two part job.
Browning should come up.
I have microban. Enz all.

Would enzyme be a good choice?

I have end zone to rinse too.

Last edited:

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
Last year. Years. Not sure.
Ohh. Drying not relevant.
Understanding that you might be absorbing some liability, I'd make sure you have them sign off liability and let them know that under the circumstances, the odor may become re activated.
I'd concentrate the mildew treatment as a post treatment. Milgo should suffice.
Enzyme won't help

Reactions: Gasoline

jhcinc

Aug 12, 2011
Naples Florida
Real Name
joel hoppe
Business Location
United States
I have had good success using an oxidizer with a low ph. Now I use detonator from vacaway because 10-15 oz to a gal will take care of that water stain and I add my encap of choice to mix to prevent wick up from glue down carpets like that. You may find a peroxide that is stabilized with acid at your local carpet supply. Boost all and buff all powder works too ---just a pain mixing because of expansion from the reaction in container. Any powder oxidizer can be used and then use a citric acid powder diluted and applied over oxidizer to lower ph. I prefer encap with detonator because it can be applied and padded off carpet without rinsing and soaking carpet so no fans needed. I have a/c leaks on highrise commercial carpet all the time and stains come out easy.

Gasoline

Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
If 100% dry, clean with low ph rinse as last step as mike said. At the very end , pour liquid alive undiluted into electric sprayer or pump up and blanket that shit. Done
Are you saying, clean with the rinse as my prespray? Or just use a low ph rinse in combo with my alkaline prespray?

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
It is difficult to know what was int he water that caused the staining. I would want to flush thoroughly with HWE. Several good choices for a prespray, Flex Powder, Preload 5 and others. FLush with plenty of hot water, dyr strokes. Rinse with Flex Ice.

Then encap with Encapuclean O2 to remove any trace of stains and to prevent further wicking.l

suncarpet

Staff member
Premium VIP
Jul 18, 2013
Bakersfield ca
www.suncarpet.net
Real Name
Rob mueller
Business Location
United States
It is difficult to know what was int he water that caused the staining. I would want to flush thoroughly with HWE. Several good choices for a prespray, Flex Powder, Preload 5 and others. FLush with plenty of hot water, dyr strokes. Rinse with Flex Ice.

Then encap with Encapuclean O2 to remove any trace of stains and to prevent further wicking.l
Great advice. I like the idea of a post encap