Water Coming Out of Vacuum Port on Prochem Legend | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Water Coming Out of Vacuum Port on Prochem Legend

esmo12

Feb 25, 2009
Hi. Yesterday I noticed water coming out of my vacuum inlet port after finishing a job. What I have discovered since then is that as soon as I hook up the fresh water garden hose, the water starts pouring out of the vacuum inlet port. I temporarily disconnected the hose from the pressure regulator at the blower heat exchanger and that stops the water from coming out of the vacuum inlet port. After reconnecting everthing, I shined a light into the vacuum inlet port and can see water is constantly bypassing while running the unit.
I'm thinking I either have a problem with the pressure regulator or the temperature control solenoid.
Has anyone else had this problem or no what to try? Thanks.

JETVAC

Nov 4, 2010
Real Name
Peter Stephens
Business Location
New Zealand
you got a leak in one of your blower heat exchanges pull it apart and take it to radiator shop to fix. I done a flood extraction with my machine the other day and when I went out side my blower was pissing out water . my tank shut of didn't do its job . so I rain blower till no water come out of it then wd40 for about a min to get rid of water out of blower . been working fine since. some times if u got a leak in your tank the blower will actually suck up water to.

esmo12

Feb 25, 2009
Hi. Thanks for your reply but I completely bypassed the vacuum blower heat exchanger and I still have the same symptoms. Water pouring out of vac inlet port through the bypass orifice in the sidewall of the port from the moment I the connect to a water source. If I disconnect the 5/8" hose at the front of the vacuum blower heat exchanger which is coming off of the pressure regulator, water leaks out of the end of the hose and stops coming out of the vacuum port. So that tells me the regulator is bypassing water which I believe is normal but I don't think it should be doing it continuously. The regulator seems to operating properly as far as adjusting pressure and seems normal. The heat bypass valve on the front of the machine is closed. Any body have any idea's??

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
It's your temp. control heat bypass. If I remember correctly, it just needs to be cleaned. I had that problem frequently and it was an easy fix. I can't remember how to fix is so, Maybe someone else will chime in.

esmo12

Feb 25, 2009
Update: Well I found some time to remove and clean out the Temp control Solonoid for the heat bypass and found the spring was binding up. Problem solved. A BIG THANKS!! to Matt30577.

Dxmen2

Oct 20, 2019
Real Name
Bert
Can u send pic of where that spring is or post it my number is 214-492-9843