Wasted money with SEO expert

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Feb 14, 2016
Real Name
John Akers
So last night I was looking back on my expenses for this year and where I had a good and bad ROI. I wasted so much money with this company that built my website and was suppose to help me with my SEO.

What a waste of money.....Anyone have any suggestions? Should I just buckle down and learn this myself or is there actually someone out there that knows what they're doing?

Sorry, just venting a little..:)

Merry Christmas my friends!!

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
It's a sad story I hear over and over again. They call every cleaner in town promising them page one of google which is an impossible promise to keep. There are over 1000 cleaners in the Las Vegas area and if even only 50 of them are paying an SEO company then 45 of them will never make it to page one. The chances of success will vary depending on how many cleaners there are in your area.

I wouldn't waste too much money on SEO. Pay someone to go over your website once a year to update all the SEO information but don't buy one of those monthly contracts where you are paying hundreds every month.

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Yup, many guys have paid too much for SEO thinking they was going to the top. I debated back and forth for awhile on what to do with my website as it looked nice but was not bringing in any jobs. I found someone I could trust here on TMF and have been very happy, the fact that there was no contract and if I wasn't happy with the results I could end it was a major selling point.

May 16, 2012
Real Name
leonard urbina
Yup, many guys have paid too much for SEO thinking they was going to the top. I debated back and forth for awhile on what to do with my website as it looked nice but was not bringing in any jobs. I found someone I could trust here on TMF and have been very happy, the fact that there was no contract and if I wasn't happy with the results I could end it was a major selling point.
I'm looking to freshen up my website can you pm me who did yours ? Here's my website what do you think it needs http://www.sparklingcleancarpetcare.com/

Feb 14, 2016
Real Name
John Akers
It's a sad story I hear over and over again. They call every cleaner in town promising them page one of google which is an impossible promise to keep. There are over 1000 cleaners in the Las Vegas area and if even only 50 of them are paying an SEO company then 45 of them will never make it to page one. The chances of success will vary depending on how many cleaners there are in your area.

I wouldn't waste too much money on SEO. Pay someone to go over your website once a year to update all the SEO information but don't buy one of those monthly contracts where you are paying hundreds every month.
Thanks Todd. The sad thing, this guy and his company is very well known in the carpet cleaning industries for building websites and SEO, and was highly recommended. When I looked at his website last night I noticed he still has the same company testimonials that been on his website for years. No new ones.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
So last night I was looking back on my expenses for this year and where I had a good and bad ROI. I wasted so much money with this company that built my website and was suppose to help me with my SEO.

What a waste of money.....Anyone have any suggestions? Should I just buckle down and learn this myself or is there actually someone out there that knows what they're doing?

Sorry, just venting a little..:)

Merry Christmas my friends!!
Maybe if you paid then to hi jack a local, major carpet cleaners name in your area, you can hide your link under their name. $150 a month.

https://www.truckmountforums.com/threads/bobs-carpet-care-grand-rapids-mi.19865/

Re: Bobs Carpet Care Grand Rapids Mi. Is A Scam Artist.

Greg,

I am in no means attempting to hurt you or your business. I had a friend create a website for me from church a few years ago and I was somewhere on page 10. I then heard about SEO and knew another friend that did this type of work. I hired him to help me get a better position in Google and within 10 months I took over the # 1 spot from all the franchises and others that were using the same keywords "city + carpet + cleaning".

I am not a Google expert, but I do know I have done nothing wrong. As you can see from what others have wrote in this forum, they all use the same techniques to get a high page rank in Google.

I know the market is tough today and I am glad I met a good web person that helped me out. And the last thing I was trying to do was hurt another small business along the way. But business is business. It costs money to create a good looking website like mine. Yes, as you all saw the template was $68. Jerry told me this up front, but it's the custom programming that goes on to make the site mine versus vanilla that costs. Plus all the SEO optimization stuff they do that I have no clue how it all works, but it works. He charges $149 per month, so if anyone of you want to get be # 1 in your city - look him up :) He only works for one carpet cleaner per city. His link is at the bottom of my site - www.bobscarpetcare.net

Greg, I would really appreciate it if you would remove the negative comments you put in Google. As a person mentioned in this post, you could get banned from Google and that could hurt your chances of ever getting a good ranking. I would hate to see that happen to you. Also, those comments are really for customers to rate our services, not for us to piss and moan at each other.

Thanks for everyone's support. It's my first post here and I was invited randomly from some person who filled out my website form. I appreciate the invite and look forward to getting to know you all more, if you'll have me. I think I can learn a lot from you all by sharing ideas and techniques.

Thank you,
Bob

Maybe not the best idea, to steal someone's business.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2016
Real Name
John Akers
Would you be willing to share him? LOL...That didn't sound right. Is he taking any new clients?

Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
Guidelines when hiring SEO services:

1. Learn the basics yourself so you can keep the SEO companies honest, if you have no clue what's going, how would you know if he is doing a good job or not?

2. Ask that he provides you a detail description of what he has done every month. Ask for this list before hand, not after.

3. Don't ever sign a long term contract with an SEO company, ask that they give you a 30 day opt out.

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
www.globalclean.net

I was spending around $300.00 a month.
Your website is penalized by google for not being responsive that is the #1 thing I saw on it. If you want a full report on it let me know I can help you.
If you want a new site I can help you

If you want SEO, I'll teach you how to do it yourself. ( no charge on this one )

Magnum Clean

Oct 9, 2014
Real Name
Andrew N.
What's the general practice with back links? When you are paying a company monthly for SEO and you decide to quit, do they remove the links that they had provided?

Mar 14, 2012
Gwinnett county, GA
www.trumansteemers.com
Real Name
Courtney lee
Business Location
United States
What's the general practice with back links? When you are paying a company monthly for SEO and you decide to quit, do they remove the links that they had provided?
Yes, that's how they get your money every month. Once a backlink is created it's done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using TMF Forums mobile app

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
Page 2 position 8 on the keyword carpet cleaning your city

how long did you pay??
No back links or mentions
50% on focus keyword
20% image uptimization

google Rank 0

the goods

you are not in black list
robots page done(which you should not care since there is no ranking )

Start doing this yourself

It is not hard in your town

Joseph rodgers from quest is dominating position 1

Last edited:

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
yup, very common.. I did the same about 2 yrs ago. There are countless seo companies out there that claim they know it all but really are just trying to sign a bunch of people up on a 300-500/month program.

Heres a tip for finding an SEO company. find out the city they are in and google their business. I googled SEO seattle to find ours they came up #1 in organic search pretty much everytime and this area is a huge tech industry hub

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
You have quite a few text errors and that is just in page 1
did not see the inner pages.

no description either fukc!