Waste water dumping recomendations. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Waste water dumping recomendations.

beau

Jun 5, 2015
BC, Canada
Real Name
Beau Phipps
Business Location
Canada
Hey guys,

So today i just got off the phone with our city works, the Sani-dump ive been using for the last 4 years(As well as every other Carpet cleaner in town) had 5 feet of snow piled in front of it, so i called asking to have it moved and was informed that the city works manager has decided he doesn't want carpet cleaning waste put into the sewage treatment plant so they wont be moving it.

Every cleaner I use is generally biodegradable and I always make sure to use a lint filter, I now need to call the manager directly to plead my case,I don't understand where else it could be dumped most city/provincial bylaws require me to legally put it into the sewage plant.

Am i missing something here? Where else can a dispose of waste water? Any recommendations from you guys? I have a septic hook up in my back yard but the acces would require trying to get the van through 50 feet of mud to get close enough to it, not going to happen currently in this wet sloppy spring weather. And now my van fudgeing sticks cause i have a full waste tank on board just chilling.

I guess as a last resort i could pay for disposal at the dump, not exactly interested in forking out the min-charge they have after every fudgeing job.

beau

Jun 5, 2015
BC, Canada
Real Name
Beau Phipps
Business Location
Canada
Just got off the phone with the dump, they wont take liquid waste and are referring me to dump into the Sani FFS.

beau

Jun 5, 2015
BC, Canada
Real Name
Beau Phipps
Business Location
Canada
thats the Sani dump that the city is now blocking me from using. its the RV dump. There is a private RV spot in town ill have to try and call as last resort.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Best place to put it. Is down the homeowners pipe. Its no different then waste from dishwasher or clothes washer. Then the city has to take it like it or not.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

beau

Jun 5, 2015
BC, Canada
Real Name
Beau Phipps
Business Location
Canada
We have one car wash in town, Ill give them a call. Yea the city manager stating this I feel is just being an idiot thats making spur of the moment calls.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I believe its legal to dump in the grass. It's just homeowners tend to not like it.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
check city ordinances but here you can dump on the lawn as long as it does not go into the city storm sewer.

Ive never had a problem with a customer although I try to hide it in a bush if possible. my dump hose is about 20 feet long. But then again more than half of my customers arent home when I clean.

Reactions: StevenB.

beau

Jun 5, 2015
BC, Canada
Real Name
Beau Phipps
Business Location
Canada
Cant dump on the ground up here, not sure if its Canada wide rule or just provincial but its a No go either way.

Update: Got ahold of the Manager, they want all my waste water filtered through a 0.25MM screening to remove sand from it. Im allowed to dump for now and its been cleared for me, but they also stated that they were going to make the RV sani dump for RV's only soon regardless of what Im doing. Anyone know of something made specifically for that readily available or am i custom making one? lol My inline filter mesh is like 1MM, dont think an inline filter that fine would be good, too much restriction so will have to be on the waste side when i empty tank id imagine.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Maybe use something like Robs devastator inline filter ?

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
Just dump it in your clean out or your toilet at home. It all goes to the wastewater plant.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Just drink it, beef up your immune system.

• Haha
Reactions: beau

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Cant dump on the ground up here, not sure if its Canada wide rule or just provincial but its a No go either way.

Update: Got ahold of the Manager, they want all my waste water filtered through a 0.25MM screening to remove sand from it. Im allowed to dump for now and its been cleared for me, but they also stated that they were going to make the RV sani dump for RV's only soon regardless of what Im doing. Anyone know of something made specifically for that readily available or am i custom making one? lol My inline filter mesh is like 1MM, dont think an inline filter that fine would be good, too much restriction so will have to be on the waste side when i empty tank id imagine.
Sounds like they are encouraging people to say fck it and dump it where ever they feel like. Because thats what the response is going to be.

beau

Jun 5, 2015
BC, Canada
Real Name
Beau Phipps
Business Location
Canada
Well found a fix for now. My waste tanks about to get a nice brewers screen installed, 6inch wide by 14 inch deep. 300 micron stainless steel. can put a 250 micron nylon filter in it. Will test to make sure its drain rate means the pump can unload into it without backing up at all.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Just run a pipe and bury it under ground leading to the back of your lot where the septic tank is, tie it into the lid of the tank or just let it run into the grass/brush.

It won't hurt your plants, in fact they tend to just grow bigger

beau

Jun 5, 2015
BC, Canada
Real Name
Beau Phipps
Business Location
Canada
For summer months i have a RV hook up in the back yard, and will most likley run a new pipe come then to my parking space. We just have had many days of 12+ inch snow recently and now its gotten warm suddenly so theres little chance of my van making through this wet snow to get to said RV dump lol

Reactions: keep it clean