Waste water coming out of the exhaust | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Waste water coming out of the exhaust

hurricanecc

Nov 21, 2013
I own an 870ss truckmount and for some reason waste water comes out of the exhaust when the water is approximately 4-6 inches below the actual float kill switch and there’s no foam either. Any ideas on why this is happening? Thanks

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I own an 870ss truckmount and for some reason waste water comes out of the exhaust when the water is approximately 4-6 inches below the actual float kill switch and there’s no foam either. Any ideas on why this is happening? Thanks
How is your tank lid gasket?

Reactions: JDARNOLD

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I’ll have to take a look at in the morning. An air leak will cause a problem like that?
If a portion of the gasket that sits on the baffles going across the tank is bad it can suck water right from the tank intake straight into the blower.

17BBC81C-81A2-4C06-8CD0-765CC521E916.jpeg

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
So it’s a poor placement of the float kill switch?
After watching how water and foam reacts inside a waste tank under high lift, I personally wouldn't run the kill switch high in the tank for added recovery. Foam under high lift grows like a marshmallow in a microwave and becomes airborne in little clumps. Any time you partially/completely block off the hose on a TM or portable you create a low pressure system and fog is instantly created and moisture passes through the blower or motors instantly. Blowers can handle it no problem and some blowers with the right water cooled silencers are made to ingest water for cooling at lift higher than what it was made to operate at when naturally aspirated. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Last edited:

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
I'd still probably use some defoamer just to be safe.