Waste Tank water level gauge/meter /scale ideas? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Waste Tank water level gauge/meter /scale ideas?

zhmenya96

Oct 16, 2010
Maryland
Real Name
Zhenya
Business Location
United States
Hi, i did browse trough some ideas like clear tube on a water heater.
But anybody else did something very easy to do?
I mostly need to keep an eye on a water level. Don't need any kind of APO.
I have 75 gallons steel waist tank.
If ill drill 2 holes 1" each for example in a middle of the tank and other on a very top of the tank and install clear plastic 1" pipe (like pvc plastic) with a metal pipe fitting will it work? will it show correct level or will vacuum will kind messed up the readings?
Thank you.
Besides any ideas will be very helpful.

zhmenya96

Oct 16, 2010
Maryland
Real Name
Zhenya
Business Location
United States
Philip, thank you.ill definitely will into it.
Im hoping with ideas that somehow i will see actual water level.
Like as i said before mayby a clear tube with plastic ball in it?
Thank you

Like this.

If i will eliminate faucet and install it like in a middle of my waist, so as soon water level will reach it point, my reading will be accurate with the vacuums on? make sense?

PhilipW

Nov 29, 2015
South Carolina
Real Name
Philip wallman
Business Location
United States
Clear tube will work like you say as long as the vacuum doesn't flatten it. The ball would have to be pretty small because the vac will suck the tube walls in some. Then how would you keep the ball in the tube and from rolling out the bottom L into the tank. Would for sure work tho

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TMF Forums mobile app

PhilipW

Nov 29, 2015
South Carolina
Real Name
Philip wallman
Business Location
United States
Tube like that would work. I'm sitting waiting on a unit to be installed so I'm idle and bored lol. I don't think you need any sort of ball or anything in it cause the water won't be clear, or anywhere near clear. And you don't need a very large tube at all, even 1/2" would work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TMF Forums mobile app

DeanHayes

Oct 4, 2016
Real Name
Dean Hayes
I have been thinking about this aswell I have a fairly small tank on my custom built machine fills in around 3 - 4 average rooms so I am thinking of going maybe 1/4 inch hose to combat the crush factor I was going to cut a slot in pvc pipe then slide clear pipe over the top

Sent from my E6653 using TMF Forums mobile app

seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Real Name
Todd Seagraves
Business Location
United States
I think the issue you will always have with any mod like this will be the vacuum pressure. It is going to fight you every which way you turn. the other problem with the clear tube is it will be clear for about 3 jobs and then it will just be all gunked up with waste water and will always look black.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
What about getting to go on the waste water outlet and just turning it on about every hour....
I hooked up one and gonna hook up another
Affordablepumpouts.webs.com

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Are you using a pump out?

Robntina

Dec 11, 2014
Real Name
Robert Wadley
What about painting a stripe of Thermochromic Paint from top to bottom of the tank? Something like a thermochromatic propane tank level indicator might work too.