JAY

Feb 27, 2010
SALT LAKE, UT
Real Name
Jay
Business Location
United States
Hi all,

Wondering what anyone else here does with a waste tank lid seal that does not hold in one particular spot?

It is a 100gal stainless and the issue area does not apear to have any problems. Both lid and tank lip are smooth and straight. Ive used properly used door and window silicone 2x to repair and my latest attempt is that high temp red devil silicone stuff.

I put a 2" Y comming off the 2 tank inlets and was thinking of going up to a 2 1/2" set up for about the 1st 50' of vacume hose. Its a 5.9 blower. The 2 waste tank relief ports seem to be adjusted just fine.

I have thought of reverseing the top tank lid direction to see if the problem follows but the hassle of doing that!

Thanx for your ideas!!!

JAY

Feb 27, 2010
SALT LAKE, UT
Real Name
Jay
Business Location
United States
thanks jason. keep it simple, right? thats pretty straightforward and easy. i got sidetracked with the silicone thing. someone i know that is a mechanic at one of our local carpet cleaner supply shops got me started with it. 3 failures. same place. it might just be my waste tank cause he swears how great it works for everyone else!