Waste tank replacement

MPR

Mar 10, 2014
Illinois
Real Name
Mike Raimer
Business Location
United States
I have a box or 318 from Hydro master. Waste tank has developed a pin holes at the bottom and is leaking. Is it necessary to replace with the same model or is there a better alternative such as a poly version that will not develop pinholes or rot. Does anyone here have a tank that they are wanting to sell as I am in Illinois and will need to pick up if local or have shipped if not. ZIP Code is 61924.

sparkling clean

May 16, 2012
Real Name
leonard urbina
Have a pro chem legend one I’m selling. But my 318 did the same thing around Bottom by drain port jb weld worked .

Rory henderson

Sep 22, 2015
Real Name
Rory henderson
I have a box or 318 from Hydro master. Waste tank has developed a pin holes at the bottom and is leaking. Is it necessary to replace with the same model or is there a better alternative such as a poly version that will not develop pinholes or rot. Does anyone here have a tank that they are wanting to sell as I am in Illinois and will need to pick up if local or have shipped if not. ZIP Code is 61924.
There is a boxer waste tank on Facebook carpet cleaning buy and sell equipment Rey just listed it looks great

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
If you do get another stock waste tank, coat the bottom and up the sides 6 inches with Flex Seal. You will never have that problem again.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
just bought a 55 gallon mytee waste tank from steambrite...seems really solid
polyurethane....and yyou can drill holes really easy for plumbing.....

just a note on aluminum tanks...they will carode or have pits after about 10 years...especially if it touches metal...
it has some kind of metalic carosion when aluminum contacts metal....

not so with stainless steel or polyurethane.....

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
anyone with a aluminum waste tank should have a sacrificial anode in the tank.
buy one at homedepot, next to water heater, then thank me

Latest posts