Waste tank gasket needs replaced.

LeeRoy

Feb 13, 2010
Arizona
Real Name
Lee Coking
Business Location
United States
I have a standard rectangle waste tank that I want to replace the lid gasket. What have you used or recommend. Thanks.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
There is actually a tank lid gasket material most repair shops will sell by the foot. Scrape off all the old gasket and clean the lid real good. If you can not find some gasket material locally let me know and I can get some for you.

Reactions: wuznmee and LeeRoy

LeeRoy

Feb 13, 2010
Arizona
Real Name
Lee Coking
Business Location
United States
There is actually a tank lid gasket material most repair shops will sell by the foot. Scrape off all the old gasket and clean the lid real good. If you can not find some gasket material locally let me know and I can get some for you.
Bicycle tube, sliced down the middle

Sent from my C771 using TMF Forums mobile app
Marine carpet in strips can also be glued onto your tank lid.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using TMF Forums mobile app
Thanks Todd, Matt and Heuzy. All great ideas, I'll look into each. You guys rock.

WillnDeb

May 11, 2011
Real Name
Will
Business Location
United States
No its the spray on or roll on bed liner it seems to seal really well but only do the lid or you'll never get it off again,,,,,dont ask me how I know:confused:

Reactions: LeeRoy

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
Got some from interlink... Used gorrilla glue to mount it. glue expands a lot so spread it on the material with a putty knife nice and even.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Got some from interlink... Used gorrilla glue to mount it. glue expands a lot so spread it on the material with a putty knife nice and even.
Carefull with that Gorilla Glue! When it comes time to replace the gasket again..you'll be Scraping that stuff for DAYS to get it OFF!