Was hoping for help with TM mechanical issue | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Was hoping for help with TM mechanical issue

BHSclean

Jun 1, 2017
Real Name
Stephen Breninger
Hey guys. I am having an issue with my truckmount. It is spilling water from the water box. I do not have to have the key on for the water box to overfill. I have added some pictures to give a frame of reference, but basically it is pouring source water out of the hose pictured which originates form the cap pictured. admittedly, I know less than most about the actual mechanics of my truck mount. I would be grateful for any advice/guidance you can offer me. It just started happening and I have jobs tomorrow at 10am! So I am hoping I can keep frm having to run it in. Thanks so much in advance.

Attachments

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
THat is a radiator cap. Try replacing it. Any auto parts house should be able to supply one. If the seal is not working properly the water will flow out the hose. I think that is how yours is working if I am looking at the picture properly.

It would be helpful to know what machine you are running. Can't tell from the picture.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Looks like a sapphire machine.

Sapphires have pressurized water boxes, I'm not sure what type of shutoff they have. I'll talk to Rick and see what I can find out for you. Which model do you have?

Reactions: Kyle8

jsmithjr

Dec 3, 2015
Real Name
jerry smith
I have 570 and this happened to me and replaced the radiator cap for the water box and that was it. Hope yours is as easy.

BHSclean

Jun 1, 2017
Real Name
Stephen Breninger
Hey guys sorry for the delay. Its a 370ss.

I will try the radiator cap. Thanks for all of your replies.

BHSclean

Jun 1, 2017
Real Name
Stephen Breninger
Well unfortunately the radiator cap did not fix the issue. I wonder if i just have the wrong one. I want to autozone and the guy had to go through them until he found one that fit snugly on the opening of my water box. Is there any chance it is a proprietary cap?

VividCleaning

Jun 4, 2012
Canada
www.vividcleaning.ca
Real Name
Roland Oskalns
Business Location
Canada
Looks like you have a new machine. I also have 370ss. I remember water coming out from water box overfill hose. I did not do anything to fix it as i thought that it was normal since i was running max temp. It happened for the first 100h of using it. Try lower temp and see if the problem is still there.

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
huh sounds like those machines are garbage. I fixed arties afew days back from a non charging problem. His water box does not work properly and a whole lot of glitches. I would try and sale the beast and get me something that is properly built.

VividCleaning

Jun 4, 2012
Canada
www.vividcleaning.ca
Real Name
Roland Oskalns
Business Location
Canada
huh sounds like those machines are garbage. I fixed arties afew days back from a non charging problem. His water box does not work properly and a whole lot of glitches. I would try and sale the beast and get me something that is properly built.
I am not a big fan of sapphire scientific because they are expensive but i have not had any big problems with the machine i have had it for 4 years with over 1300h. There are some kinks but once you get to know the machine and do proper maintenance you should not have any big problems. There are some problems that appear but then go away without fixing after 50h .

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
I am not a big fan of sapphire scientific because they are expensive but i have not had any big problems with the machine i have had it for 4 years with over 1300h. There are some kinks but once you get to know the machine and do proper maintenance you should not have any big problems. There are some problems that appear but then go away without fixing after 50h .
what kind of problems have you experienced. 4 years 1300 hrs that is a TM that has not been used enough.

VividCleaning

Jun 4, 2012
Canada
www.vividcleaning.ca
Real Name
Roland Oskalns
Business Location
Canada
Most problem where from ruining at max temp 250F it would go up to 280F or higher and then lose pressure.
Loss of pressure i suspect is because of weak demand pump pressure.
Stopped heating water after 1000h but i lubricated diverter valve and it started working after 100 h don't know hat happened there.
I had to replace chemical rubber diaphragm for chemical delivery under warranty.
I have had other problems but it was because I made a mistake.
1 problem because the repair shop made a big mistake cost me $400 and they refuse to fix it. Might sue them still thinking about it.

JoshDiaz

Feb 18, 2017
Real Name
Josue Diaz
I work with a 370SS and I had the same issue, I replaced the radiator cap and it didn't solve the problem until we decided to replace the pressure valve. We tried replacing it with a pressure valve from Home Depot that didn't work so we just ordered it from Sapphire.

Steven8262

Aug 28, 2019
Real Name
Steven Schafer
I know this is an old thread but a new problem for me. I have a 370SS with about 180 hours. It has a mind of it's own in that it pours source water out the hot water box overflow into the blue hose and out the bottom of the truck. I tried a new radiator cap (although I'm not sure about the seal), I tried adjusting the inlet water pressure regulator and still not relief. I see someone changed out the pressure valve (which valve, locates where?)