Was going to take tomorrow (Labor Day) off BUT.......... | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Was going to take tomorrow (Labor Day) off BUT..........

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
Last month was a little slow, but I thought I would take tomorrow off and rest. Then the phone rang. Lady had a flood, gotta put her house back together tomorrow, then customer called needing T&G job done so I am doing it after the other job and now one of the property managers calls and has to have carpet cleaned asap so people can move in. Does anyone else need me to clean anything else???????

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
Last month was a little slow, but I thought I would take tomorrow off and rest. Then the phone rang. Lady had a flood, gotta put her house back together tomorrow, then customer called needing T&G job done so I am doing it after the other job and now one of the property managers calls and has to have carpet cleaned asap so people can move in. Does anyone else need me to clean anything else???????
Right now I don't have anything scheduled for tomorrow, but if I get a flood, yes I'll jump. Outside of that they can wait. Speaking of floods. Just got done with a flood call out at one of my apartments. Sewage water overflowed into bedroom closet and bedroom. So yea....

Sent from my SM-G920V using TMF Forums mobile app

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
My whole family...

I have work to do. $1k day tomorrow.

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
I have tomorrow off but my janitorial accounts will be bearing fruit.

Kenn when you're done can you wash my van and car?

How's your recovery going?

longkenn

May 7, 2011
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
I have tomorrow off but my janitorial accounts will be bearing fruit.

Kenn when you're done can you wash my van and car?

How's your recovery going?
I am doing pretty well. Still have dizziness from time to time. Lost my helper last week. He found a full time job so I am doing it all now. Hated losing him. He was good help. And, NO, I am not washing your van and car!!! Well......not unless the price is right! LOL

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
I am doing pretty well. Still have dizziness from time to time. Lost my helper last week. He found a full time job so I am doing it all now. Hated losing him. He was good help. And, NO, I am not washing your van and car!!! Well......not unless the price is right! LOL
Good to hear Ken! Will the dizziness go away after a while?

Well that sucks about your helper. Finding good help these days couldn't be more true.

mike$

May 29, 2014
California
Real Name
brandon Dre
Business Location
United States
Ive had a 12 hour day booked for tmw for the last week. Needy customers. One year I even worked on thanks giving.

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I had at least 5 people ask if we are working tomorrow and I told all of them no. For 8+ years I have worked just about every Saturday and most of the non major holidays but I am starting to take 1 Saturday off a month and taking more of the holidays off that my customers also have off.

Reactions: Dafloorman

longkenn

May 7, 2011
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
Good to hear Ken! Will the dizziness go away after a while?

Well that sucks about your helper. Finding good help these days couldn't be more true.
The doctor believes the dizziness will eventually clear up. I only get dizzy when I bend over and then stand upright suddenly. I am finally getting so that I can push the wand without wearing myself out completely. It took a while to get my stamina back. At my age I am doing pretty good to clean 6 rooms without taking a break.

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
I had at least 5 people ask if we are working tomorrow and I told all of them no. For 8+ years I have worked just about every Saturday and most of the non major holidays but I am starting to take 1 Saturday off a month and taking more of the holidays off that my customers also have off.
Yep! Today is my day of rest, my back has been out of whack as well, my wife told me to go to our chiropractor on Friday, I regret not going, now gotta wait till Wednesday evening and I am working all day this week. Yeah today is def a day of rest.

Last edited:

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
The doctor believes the dizziness will eventually clear up. I only get dizzy when I bend over and then stand upright suddenly. I am finally getting so that I can push the wand without wearing myself out completely. It took a while to get my stamina back. At my age I am doing pretty good to clean 6 rooms without taking a break.
Yeah you're out doing most employees work capability :)

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Had a nice long weekend ( off since Friday noon) . Cleaning a restaurant 5 mins from my house tonight at 9pm. Do this job every two months and it takes me 90 mins tops. Was suppose to do this job last Monday but owner had to reschedule for tonight instead. I didn't mind as I knew it wouldn't ruin the long weekend.
Don't ever work stat holidays as a rule.

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
In all honesty, I would have scheduled the day off today if I would have known it was Labor Day. No one tells me!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dafloorman