Warp threads? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Warp threads?

Rem

Jun 30, 2011
Real Name
Remington Reeder
Business Location
United States
How can I know what fiber the white threads are, and if te will cause this olefin rug to shrink when saturated?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 137

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Looks like cotton. On hand made rugs, warp threads often continue on to become the fringe. You can get a small thread from the fringe to burn test if you are unsure.

Rem

Jun 30, 2011
Real Name
Remington Reeder
Business Location
United States
That's what I was afraid of. It doesn't have a fringe, the fold there is the edge. It is like an indoor outdoor type rug. I understand it makes since it's made to get wet, but still worries me to saturate it. Can I saturate it and block it with gallon jugs? Or with that not be sufficient if those are cotton?

Thanks for the reply!

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
That's what I was afraid of. It doesn't have a fringe, the fold there is the edge. It is like an indoor outdoor type rug. I understand it makes since it's made to get wet, but still worries me to saturate it. Can I saturate it and block it with gallon jugs? Or with that not be sufficient if those are cotton?

Thanks for the reply!
If it is made to use outdoors, there is little chance of shrinkage.

You can block by putting some 2" x 4" along the sides and some gallon jugs or other heavy objects on top to hold it in place. Do this right after cleaning and keep the weight on until you are sure it is 100% dry.

Rem

Jun 30, 2011
Real Name
Remington Reeder
Business Location
United States
Great thanks!