WARNING!

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
Today went to a new customers house, did the walk through and setup as usual. Turn the machine on, etc and walk to the first room to clean only to find a 2 foot puddle of water on the carpet and the water coming out of my solution hose. Seems my shutoff valve was just a tad bit open and the quick coupler failed. Use a water claw and set an Air pod to dry.

No big deal BUT this is the second time this has happened. I bought several Safety Couplers from Jon Don and noticed that they were a bit different than the previous ones I bought there before. Didnt think anything of it but the first one failed right away. The inner ring failed which, when the shutoff valve is open and there is no tool on the end, causes water to go everywhere. I have not had that happen EVER, so I thought it was a fluke until it happened to the second one today. Just think of what would have happened if the shutoff valve was wide open at 350 PSI!

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I know the coupler you're talking about and I agree. I won't buy another one. I always shut my valve off or at least have it hooked to the wand or other tool. Once I hooked up to the Hydroforce with the shut off valve open and the spray gun valve failed on me and started spraying away as soon as I turned on the machine. Fortunately it didn't harm anything. After that I turn off the shut off valve every single time. I need to replace mine again because it's allowing some water through the quick connect. I don't know where they got those, but they're no good.

Reactions: admin

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
I bought a valve from a place called wanders products.
its not the valve that failed. its the safety coupler.
IMG_5536.jpg

its the O ring inside the middle pin that keeps the flow off. You can see it better with the one on the right. The O ring has pushed through the opening.

pgcleaner

Nov 4, 2020
Real Name
Matthew Olive
Today went to a new customers house, did the walk through and setup as usual. Turn the machine on, etc and walk to the first room to clean only to find a 2 foot puddle of water on the carpet and the water coming out of my solution hose. Seems my shutoff valve was just a tad bit open and the quick coupler failed. Use a water claw and set an Air pod to dry.

No big deal BUT this is the second time this has happened. I bought several Safety Couplers from Jon Don and noticed that they were a bit different than the previous ones I bought there before. Didnt think anything of it but the first one failed right away. The inner ring failed which, when the shutoff valve is open and there is no tool on the end, causes water to go everywhere. I have not had that happen EVER, so I thought it was a fluke until it happened to the second one today. Just think of what would have happened if the shutoff valve was wide open at 350 PSI!
Happened to me once too. I plug my wand in before I open up the solution line valve on my machine now.