Want comfortable space for 3 people

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Emart63

Oct 1, 2014
Real Name
Eric Martsen
Business Location
United States
Does anybody carry 2 workers (plus self) around with them? Right now, when I have 2 workers in my fully loaded ‘08 Chevy Express extended, one has to sit on the floor between the front seats. Trying to figure out the best way to comfortably and legally transport 2 workers around with me all day on my next new van. Vehicle has to be low profile due to parking in garage. What is best way? Bench seat? Shotgun seat in back? Please recommend!!

M4sT3R T3CH

Feb 1, 2009
Topeka
Real Name
Randall Blackwell
Business Location
United States
Does anybody carry 2 workers (plus self) around with them? Right now, when I have 2 workers in my fully loaded ‘08 Chevy Express extended, one has to sit on the floor between the front seats. Trying to figure out the best way to comfortably and legally transport 2 workers around with me all day on my next new van. Vehicle has to be low profile due to parking in garage. What is best way? Bench seat? Shotgun seat in back? Please recommend!!
Thats an interesting question. Only reason i can see why is if your duel wanding. Why do u need 2 extra helpers? That raises your cost significatly

Emart63

Oct 1, 2014
Real Name
Eric Martsen
Business Location
United States
I don’t always run a crew of 3, but when the workload is heavy, the third crew member is a godsend. When we’re doing 8 pieces of upholstery and 3k sf of carpet and area rugs in a McMansion, it’s balls to the wall, everyone is hustling.Plus I have to
be able to work
the phones sometimes, scheduling other customers etc. btw The third guy is very profitable because I can bang out more jobs in a day. So how do I do this? I’m not the only guy with a crew of 3! a little help please! ;-)

Nick M.

Jan 10, 2015
Real Name
Nick M.
If the jobs make you money with 3 bodies then that’s all you should worry about. Making money. I’d check a local junk yard for a middle seat on a wrecked out van. Most manufacturers make vans with the middle seat as an option. Maybe just pick and pull then install urself. Depends on year and make, plus availability of part

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Jump seat. I was looking at a couple retired delivery vans that had a fold down jump seat for a 3rd person when necessary. It was mounted in the back but if you got the room I'm sure you could put it up front. Of course you could also have your workers in the van and you drive your car or something.

Emart63

Oct 1, 2014
Real Name
Eric Martsen
Business Location
United States
If the jobs make you money with 3 bodies then that’s all you should worry about. Making money. I’d check a local junk yard for a middle seat on a wrecked out van. Most manufacturers make vans with the middle seat as an option. Maybe just pick and pull then install urself. Depends on year and make, plus availability of part
Thanks for your suggestion!

Emart63

Oct 1, 2014
Real Name
Eric Martsen
Business Location
United States
Jump seat. I was looking at a couple retired delivery vans that had a fold down jump seat for a 3rd person when necessary. It was mounted in the back but if you got the room I'm sure you could put it up front. Of course you could also have your workers in the van and you drive your car or something.
Yes, I often times am in another vehicle. I can relax to mellow tunes, while the guys smoke their brains out and tell their war stories to each other. However, when we’re putting on big mileage, that’s tough! Will look into your jumpseat suggestions. Thanks!

Emart63

Oct 1, 2014
Real Name
Eric Martsen
Business Location
United States
If I’m really nervous about the workload and am shorthanded, my wife comes along to help as a 3rd worker. She actually prefers to sit in the back of the van with all the equipment instead of between us! We must smell bad, although I always thought I smelled like lilacs.

Nimblybimbly

Aug 10, 2017
Real Name
Nathan Paul
Ram promaster city wagon has a rear split bench. You can fold and tumble the 2 person side of the bench

Emart63

Oct 1, 2014
Real Name
Eric Martsen
Business Location
United States
Ram promaster city wagon has a rear split bench. You can fold and tumble the 2 person side of the bench
I’ll check this out, thanks! I also might need to strategize on the van setup/layout, racks, tanks etc. if I’m going to dedicate part of the rear cargo space to passenger space in my new van. I’m wondering if there us such a thing as a full backseat for an extended van, because sometimes I even have 4 people (3 workers plus self) when we’re doing multiple types of cleaning simultaneously, e.g carpets/ upholstery plus windows, air ducts, house cleaning etc.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I’ll check this out, thanks! I also might need to strategize on the van setup/layout, racks, tanks etc. if I’m going to dedicate part of the rear cargo space to passenger space in my new van. I’m wondering if there us such a thing as a full backseat for an extended van, because sometimes I even have 4 people (3 workers plus self) when we’re doing multiple types of cleaning simultaneously, e.g carpets/ upholstery plus windows, air ducts, house cleaning etc.
Sounds like you need a bus